Kanye West is an...
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

zombieDave

500+ Head-Fier
So, I'm being subjected to the torture known as the American Music Awards while I'm waiting for "Dexter" to come on at 9:00pm and I almost fell out of my recliner when Kanye West declared the "talent" in that room "...the next Beatles, Led Zeppelin, & (himself as) Elvis". What an arrogant, (comparitively speaking) talentless pr*ck.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 51
I didn't even know the American Music Awards were on. Why not put on a good disc and enjoy the music until Dexter comes on? I've found that most modern pop stars aren't worth paying attention to.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 51
Meh. Every decade or so, someone is considered the next Beatles. I'm still waiting. I remember the tagged Menudo that way, in the early 1980s - we know how that turned out....

Nov 24, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What an arrogant, (comparitively speaking) talentless pr*ck.

It took you this long to figure that out?
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Late Registration was a good album.

Kanye himself is an egotistical ****, though.

That pretty much sums it up. He *is* a ****, but his music is decent. I am however intrigued by his new album, i should be getting it today,

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 51
I used to like the guy i really did. His music was fresh and creative and he had a heart in it but what happened now? I don't know and i don't care he thinks no one is better than him and has forgotton were he started. Oh and to top it off his music as of late is not up to pare at all, he really lost it for me.
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kanye's beats are pretty sweet, but his lyrics and style are really pretty second rate. I'm rather embarrassed he's from chicago. We're sorry.

Meh. Canada's apologised for Bryan Adams on several occasions.
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kanye who.

My thought exactly ....

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 51
Without Timbaland beats & Daft Punk music .. Stronger is very weak

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kanye who.

No kidding, who is that? His posters are all over town, so apparently he has some new album out. Nothing on iTunes... just rolling through some Youtube... pretty generic stuff... quite boring actually... Timbaland is in on that "Stronger" thing? Really? Phew... I mean, at least Timbaland would be part of what I consider present-day talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back