Kansas City Meetup......
Aug 18, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #46 of 65
Howdy all I am new here and looking foreward to a meeting, heck I live in Gladstone about 5 mi. from meeting spot. The 27th would be great. Back to school shopping this Sat. I have a system I am not using I can bring, maybe trading material, I'd like to get a tube pre-amp for phono or headphones.

I can bring a McIntosh MA5100 first solid state 45 watt amp an AR ES-1 table with a Grado and a pair of Bozak B301A speakers. 3-way 12" vintage book shelf speakers. If anyone is interested in seeing or hearing any or all of this stuff let me know. The table is not up for trade, unless it is a tube reciever or......heck make me an offer !

See Ya
confused.gif

Aug 18, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #47 of 65
GREAT!!!
biggrin.gif

I was really hoping that we could all decide to push this back. I'm so stoked that the other Bill and company will now be able to make it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Lets all decide on a date now. September 17th would probably work great for me. How will this work for everyone else? Lets get this decided now, I don't want to make the same mistake twice.
smily_headphones1.gif

See ya,

Andrew

Aug 19, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #48 of 65
I think thats a great idea.

There are some really dedicated headphiles in KC. I was very surprised to see this thread grow so large.

It'll be great to meet the new folks and nice to see the old ones again.

until the 17th.........

Aug 19, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #49 of 65
The other Bill thanks you for your consideration!
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #51 of 65
Ok then, it's settled. September 17th shall be the date for the meet...and thats final!
biggrin.gif

Oh, does anyone have any power related equipment? I can probably come up with some power strips but their quality will most likely be questionable. We've got a couple outlets along the walls of the big room and I figured that we could just run some strips or conditioners to each of the tables for all the gear to get some juice.

Also, I talked to RnB180 and he's going to be sending me some prototype cables for us to play with as well. He's got some Senn cables that I'd like to hear, so that's just another perk for us.

See ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #52 of 65
I've got 4 or 5 power strips.

They're cheapies I got on sale at micro center, but they do me just fine.

I'll bring them just in case. : )

and I've got a ton of rca IC's anything from Cat5 to Kimber. But nothing that would blow you away.

B

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #53 of 65
Yay! Only one week left.
biggrin.gif

Bill, that'd be great if you could bring some power strips. I was thinking we would meet around 12:00. Does that sound good to everyone?

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #54 of 65
Sounds great. Anyone needing a ride from Lawrence PM me.

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #55 of 65
OK, Please don't hate me......but I'm going to Winfield this weekend. I cant miss the 37th annual International flatpicking championchip!

You guys better have a ton of fun without me. I absolutely insist.

Wish me luck down in Winfield. Music festivals tend to be great fun.

B

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #57 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
OK, Please don't hate me......but I'm going to Winfield this weekend. I cant miss the 37th annual International flatpicking championchip!

You guys better have a ton of fun without me. I absolutely insist.

Wish me luck down in Winfield. Music festivals tend to be great fun.

B

Arg! Bill, bummer!
frown.gif
Oh well, have a great time at the flatpicking championship...sounds like mighty good fun!
biggrin.gif

Does everyone know how to get to Plaza Middle School? Like I said, I'll park my little red ranger outside by the doors but there will be other people there at the school for other meetings. If you think you may have problems send me a PM and I'll try to clear them up for you. I can also send you my home phone number and the number at the school in case you get lost or something.

Also, can anyone else bring some decent power strips? I've only got one el cheapo I picked up at Best Buy and probably 3 others at the school from like the dark ages. So any other power related equipment would be really nice to have.

See ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #58 of 65
Sources, sources, who's got sources?!?!?! Bill was going to bring a couple of players but now that he's not going to be there, I've got nothing to play music off of!
eek.gif

I can bring one CD player, but it is of questionable quality as I've sold all my other gear and I'm currently in the market for a new source. Can anyone bring some more dedicated CD players or possibly a computer setup? I can get a projector set up if someone wants to bring their computer.

Also, I guess there will be some other functions going on at the school so parking may be tight. We are now going to park on the north end of the building (if you can find a spot). I'll still get my truck out there in front of the doors, and I'll try and get some orange cones to block off some spots for you guys. I'll get a sign to put on the door too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #59 of 65
My list of crap:

Fisher 500C tube receiver
Fisher X-100-C tube amplifier (better than bad sex with headphones)
Samsung HD-841 CD/DVD player
ART DI/O DAC converter

Sennheiser HD-650
Sennheiser HD-280
Beyer DT-880

1 or 2 power strips & ext. cord

****load of classical CDs, some jazz and esoteric as well.

I have a Sony CD player with a digital optical out jack that I can bring if someone wants to use it it.

Anyone want to mess with FM? I have tuna for this that I can bring if someone wants. Let me know tonight if possible on the extra CD and FM tuner.

Sep 17, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #60 of 65
I have a benchmark dac1 and a laptop with optical output, to run same, i can bring. I have a older yamaha cd player that is not half bad. Didnt get my balanced dynahi finished yet. I am bringing a tube headphone pl-10 amp and an ea-1 electrostatic headphone amp by peter mcalister. I also have a pioneer dv-563a they claim plays super audio and dvd audio, I have only used it for dvds, i can bring. I will bring a bunch of heavy extension cords, power strips etc, so dont worry about it. Bring your favorite cds and we can rip your favorite tracks to compare with your current rigs thru the benchmark and the pl-10 as it is a beautiful sounding amp. Bring all your phones to compare. I have hd650 and sa5000 to show off. i have no electrostatic phones to show off, but i would like to try out the ea-1 amp, so bring any old stax headphones you have laying around. Bring your new hf-1 so we can hear it, because i dont have the funds to order one yet. I will bring sr-60 and a bunch of cheaper senn and koss phones if anyone wants to compare. I Guess i better start loading all this stuff up so i dont have to do it all in the morning. Its takes over 3 hours to drive up from wichita,ks. Are you bringing a projector? Are we gonna watch movies too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back