Kansas City Meetup......
Jun 24, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 65
If you can hold the meet for a few more weeks or a month I am having two headphone amps made for me by peter at mcalister audio that i could bring. I also have acquired sony sa-5000 that i can bring. The two amps that are being built are the pl-10 a monster tube amp for headphones and the ea-1 a tube amp for electrostatic headphones. If you want to have a meet right away thats allright also, I just won't have so much stuff to bring.

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 65
Killer! I'm definitely there Bill, I didn't even know you started this thread! A month or two would be optimal for me, maybe mid August, but I'm really up for anything!
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 65
I'm in no hurry.

And yes, this meet will be held in KC at a public spot. No exceptions. I want everyone to feel welcome.

I went to UMKC and Rockhurst and both have plenty of unused meeting rooms. We could even sneak in if we had to .

details to come.

B

Jul 1, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 65
KC Head-fiers,

Ok, so I've called in a favor and secured a large multi-media room to use at a public middle school North of the river. I've got plenty of space (it used to be their library, lots of sq. ft.) and have access to however many tables, chairs, etc. that we would need. It's quite easy to find (right off I-29) and we would even have our own entrance to bring stuff in and out of right next to the room we'd be using.

So far, this is the best space I've found (that is unless someone else finds a better more suited one), I've known the head custodian there and he's been a friend of the family for many years. He doesn't have ANY problems letting us use this space and whatever else I would need. Now we just need some people to fill it! Hell, I'd even bring food and have the guys at the school set us up with an iced cooler full of pop and water, whatever you dudes want.

If you're interested, please reply here and state the most optimal month and possibly a couple dates that would work best for you. Like Bill stated, this will be a public meet. Anyone reading this that will be in the KC area IS encouraged to come, I'd really like to meet these folks and associate some more names to faces!
biggrin.gif
Hey, you outta state folks are welcome to join as well, indeed the more the better!

Really though, please tell Bill or myself when would be the best date. I'd like to give the folks at the school at least a month in advance (though it's not really necessary for them). As soon as we get some more people that would for sure come, we can get an attendance roster started and a gear list made up. Plus I'll work on setting up some easy to read maps for your viewing convenience.

Best regards,
Andrew

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 65
Andrew, could you please confirm that this space is in fact wheelchair accessable. This has been an issue in the past.

thanks, the space seems spectacular. I cant wait to hear all the fun gadgets.

Thanks again!

BILL

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #13 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemonkeys
Andrew, could you please confirm that this space is in fact wheelchair accessable. This has been an issue in the past.

Yes of course, the school is wheelchair accessable. Like I said, we will have our own entrance on the east side of the building and right out front of that entrance there is a large van accomodating parking space. It will be no problem!
biggrin.gif

Hopefully we can encourage some more people to join us!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 65
you know, small meetups are nice too. we wont get overwhelmed with gear and it's noce to get to know everyone instead of just bouncing around. Plus, there is always more beer for us!

Anyway, I'll go ahead and contact the guys that were at my last meet to let them know what's up.

I think it may be about time to set a date.

I'm not working, so I'm really open right now.....unless I'm out of town for an interview, that is.

This is what I'm gonna bring, (kind meager) Karma, Toshiba 3960, some PCDP's, My DIY tube poweramp, T-amp, Lots of IC"s, lots of Speaker cables (some Kimber, some Cat5), Paradigm Titans, Etymotic ER4-s, Xin supermicro headphone amp. thats about all.

Lets get this thing going!

BILL

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #15 of 65
I can swing onto I-29 from hiway 169 and be there in a matter of minutes! Me: same old gear, same old enthusiasm! If anyone is into vinyl, I will be bringing a stylus microscope again...

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back