Kanen KM 92 Impressions
Nov 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 35
I ordered a set too, I imagine it would be on par with the ThinkSound TS01.  I've got a Kanen 880 with SFI drivers and recable curious to see how this wooden IEM turns out.

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #18 of 35
Nov 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #19 of 35
@apvm
I sold my pair of KM-948 so I'm unable to actually try it for you. However these hybrids should fit on 4mm or bigger. On the 5.5mm nozzle of the KM-92 they fit really tight, so the first one you put on is a bit experimenting to get on. I'm unable to explain exactly how to. On the 4mm nozzle of the KM-948 I think they should fit fine. For example, also prefers Hybrids on the 4mm nozzle of the SoundMagic PL50 and Apple Dual-Driver IEM.

Actually I think sound is much improved on my MD-52 and KM-92 after putting on the hybrids. The better fit and isolation really pays of. Also cairimao is a very good seller. She'll pack the earbuds well so they don't get damaged during shipping. Her price is low and service excellent.

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 35

Quote:
@apvm
I sold my pair of KM-948 so I'm unable to actually try it for you. However these hybrids should fit on 4mm or bigger. On the 5.5mm nozzle of the KM-92 they fit really tight, so the first one you put on is a bit experimenting to get on. I'm unable to explain exactly how to. On the 4mm nozzle of the KM-948 I think they should fit fine. For example, also prefers Hybrids on the 4mm nozzle of the SoundMagic PL50 and Apple Dual-Driver IEM.

Actually I think sound is much improved on my MD-52 and KM-92 after putting on the hybrids. The better fit and isolation really pays of. Also cairimao is a very good seller. She'll pack the earbuds well so they don't get damaged during shipping. Her price is low and service excellent.

Thanks...now the size....what size you think the stock KM-948 is...small medium or large compare to those cairimao sell?  tia

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #21 of 35
Just wanted to chime in that I also just bought a pair from FocalPrice.  Now I'm just waiting for it to get in.  If it's as good as people say it is, then I'm ordering another 2 pairs for x-mas gifting.  :)

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 35
Ordered two pairs....both shipped 10/21, 1 pair which was the second order arrived today....testing it as I wrote....bass is heavier than the 948, mid is slightly better than the 948 and high is not as good as the 948....overall I like the 948 better but one thing the KM92 is much better is the cable is not as micro phonic as the 948.

Anyway both can beat stock earphone easily and is much much better than the JVC Gumy.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #25 of 35

Quote:
You might like to equip the KM-92 with a pair of hybrid tips for added comfort and better seal. The default tips couldn't really satisfy me in in these. On eBay you can find 3 sets of hybrids in any size for just $2.70:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170548761915&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1750wt_1139

Just to let you know, the tips arrived but they don't fit the KM-92, the hole is too small for it but it fit the KM-948 nicely and the sound of the KM-948 improved with these tips...thanks anyway.

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #26 of 35
The tips will fit if you stretch them over the nozzle.  Try it!

Hybrid clones are pretty versatile...

Quote:
Quote:
You might like to equip the KM-92 with a pair of hybrid tips for added comfort and better seal. The default tips couldn't really satisfy me in in these. On eBay you can find 3 sets of hybrids in any size for just $2.70:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170548761915&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1750wt_1139

Just to let you know, the tips arrived but they don't fit the KM-92, the hole is too small for it but it fit the KM-948 nicely and the sound of the KM-948 improved with these tips...thanks anyway.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #27 of 35
Seems like I got a defective pair. There is absolutely no bass on my left bud, but on the right it is a warm and rich bass. I'm in the process of burning them in but right now these IMO sound worse than the iPod buds. But oh well, focalprice refunded me since it arrived later than expected shipping time.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #28 of 35

Quote:
Seems like I got a defective pair. There is absolutely no bass on my left bud, but on the right it is a warm and rich bass. I'm in the process of burning them in but right now these IMO sound worse than the iPod buds. But oh well, focalprice refunded me since it arrived later than expected shipping time.

i received a pair of these too from focalprice and they have 0 bass and the right side is not as loud as the left. i threw them right in the garbage. not worth the return shipping.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #29 of 35

Quote:
Quote:

i received a pair of these too from focalprice and they have 0 bass and the right side is not as loud as the left. i threw them right in the garbage. not worth the return shipping.

Is it a problem with focalprice?

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #30 of 35

dont know, i did order mine from focalprice, maybe they got a bad batch or something
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is it a problem with focalprice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back