[KA3/KA13] FIIO X JADEAUDIO USB DAC DONGLE
Nov 19, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #721 of 898
What’s more important portability or flexibility/power?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #722 of 898
What’s more important portability or flexibility/power?
Power, if it means better sound quality. It’s hard because I just don’t know the perceptible differences. I’m assuming the K7 will be a jump in sound which I’m willing to pay $200 extra for if it’s noticeable.

I don’t want to pay for more power if it’s not needed though and actually wouldn’t contribute to better sound quality. Based on reviews, including other on this thread, it seems like it will make a difference though (not just power but architecture of the chipset, etc.).

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #723 of 898
Then get the k7

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #724 of 898
New KA13 owner here. I have tried a few other avenues but cannot seem to get a reply from FiiO. Has anyone had any trouble updating the KA13 to the new firmware? I tried updating mine and when it asked to reconnect it all it did was power off and now I cannot get my PC or my android phone to recognize the amp. Before it worked fine but now the blue led shows its on but I cannot see it on my PC.

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #725 of 898
@FiiO

Do any of KA1, KA2, KA3, KA5, KA13 support in-line microphone (4-pole 3.5mm CTIA TRRS)?
Dear friend,

KA1 supports headphones with microphones (KA1 needs to upgrade firmware 1.2 or above), but KA2, KA3, KA5, and KA13 do not support it.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 21, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #726 of 898
New KA13 owner here. I have tried a few other avenues but cannot seem to get a reply from FiiO. Has anyone had any trouble updating the KA13 to the new firmware? I tried updating mine and when it asked to reconnect it all it did was power off and now I cannot get my PC or my android phone to recognize the amp. Before it worked fine but now the blue led shows its on but I cannot see it on my PC.
I updated mine without any problems.

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #727 of 898
I updated mine without any problems.
The worst part is mine was working great before I tried updating it. It was a little finicky at first but Windows decided to recognize it and it was smooth sailing from then on out. I was using it exclusively in desktop mode with no issues on my PC. It wasn't until I tried updating it that I have been having this issue. I have tried contacting the seller on Aliexpress where I bought it and they said they would contact FiiO but that was about a week ago and no reply. I have messaged FiiO directly and have not got a reply either so I figured maybe here they will see my post and give me some way to maybe reset it or try something else. So far I have tried the official wire that it came with in a standard USB and USB 2.0 with no luck. Tried installing the FiiO audio drivers and still the same. My PC and phone do not recognize it now so it is basically an 80 dollar brick at the moment.

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #728 of 898
The worst part is mine was working great before I tried updating it. It was a little finicky at first but Windows decided to recognize it and it was smooth sailing from then on out. I was using it exclusively in desktop mode with no issues on my PC. It wasn't until I tried updating it that I have been having this issue. I have tried contacting the seller on Aliexpress where I bought it and they said they would contact FiiO but that was about a week ago and no reply. I have messaged FiiO directly and have not got a reply either so I figured maybe here they will see my post and give me some way to maybe reset it or try something else. So far I have tried the official wire that it came with in a standard USB and USB 2.0 with no luck. Tried installing the FiiO audio drivers and still the same. My PC and phone do not recognize it now so it is basically an 80 dollar brick at the moment.
Have you tried to flash the firmware again?

BTW, to page FiiO in the forum use @ and the name.

@FiiO

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #729 of 898
Power, if it means better sound quality. It’s hard because I just don’t know the perceptible differences. I’m assuming the K7 will be a jump in sound which I’m willing to pay $200 extra for if it’s noticeable.

I don’t want to pay for more power if it’s not needed though and actually wouldn’t contribute to better sound quality. Based on reviews, including other on this thread, it seems like it will make a difference though (not just power but architecture of the chipset, etc.).

If portability isn't a priority go for a desktop amp. Consider the K11 as it's not too much more than a KA13.

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #731 of 898
I updated mine without issue. Now the Hiby fc4, what a mess of a fw tool and impossible to get to work. Fiio does it right and easy.

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #732 of 898
Have you tried to flash the firmware again?

BTW, to page FiiO in the forum use @ and the name.

@FiiO
Well shoot. I was about to but then I tried re-flashing the Firmware like you suggested and wouldn't you know it, it worked! I don't know what I did different this time but it is being recognized and it is on the latest firmware. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #733 of 898
@FiiO Hi, I got my KA13 yesterday. I have 3 questions:

1. I know that there is a FW update, labelled 0.12, available. However, when launching the FiiO Control app, it says KA13 version is V 2.0.
What does that mean? Should I still upgrade?

2. On your FW download page here, a customer has issue with the FW 0.12: He said "I still hear sudden stuttering, noise, or popping sounds when playing music". Was that issue investigated and should I worry about it? Because for now, I don't have any issue with the KA13 (FYI, my setup can be one of the following: iPhone SE 2020, M2 MacBook Air, Shanling M3X)

3. In case I upgrade and start hearing sudden noise as described above, would you provide me the older FW version to downgrade? (for waiting for a later patch in that case)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #734 of 898
I have iPhone 13 Pro Max and I didn’t have any issues before or after.

Unless you have those listed models don’t worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back