K701 or DT880 or something else for vocal and details??
May 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #31 of 38
The DT48e for vocals. They were made to go along with NAGRA recording devices, so getting voices accurately is a high priority. Sound is always subjective though, so you might find them off.. IMO they fit your criteria, & better the 701/880 250ohm in detail, vocals, & neutrality..But if rolled off highs bug you, you might not like them.. The T50/K500/K501/Vintage Ortho's are also good recommendations.

Quote:
Hey guys, I know some of you might have been bored to death by this question, but I'm in the same dilema now. I'm looking for something more neutral with more extensive soundstage than the HD650. Most important criteria are:
- Details
- Vocals
- Realistic soundstage
- Neutral sounding
- Price: ~150GBP ($200)

So far, the DT880 and K701 seems to fit the bills the most but I don't know which one to go for?? 
I tried the K601, absolutely love the lush vocals and soundstage but the rolled-off highs kinda put me off a bit. 
Thanks guys. 

May 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #32 of 38

Quote:

Better balanced I would probably agree, more detailed no, K701 takes the cake on that, less of a pain to run = wash, imaging = depends greatly on what's being played. Just my 2¢

Over the whole spectrum. There is such a thing called bass detail!!!!
(Hate the flaws of Head-fi, that being the lean bass that is the 'Head-fi sound signature').

May 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #33 of 38
you're a basshead that's why
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #35 of 38

Quote:
you're a basshead that's why
rolleyes.gif

Far from it. I prefer a balanced sounding headphone. I appreciate good quality bass as well as mids etc...but overall, I prefer a balanced sounding headphone. If I was a basshead, I would of gone for the FX700 over the Ortafon e-Q7 but I didn't.
Or I would of gone for the DT990/DT770 over the DT880's....

Blind accusations are silly. I'm not the only one who thinks a good majority of Head-fiers like a lean amount of bass / mid and/or treble emphasis. Bass quantity is different from bass quality / detail as you know.

May 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #36 of 38

Quote:
Far from it. I prefer a balanced sounding headphone. I appreciate good quality bass as well as mids etc...but overall, I prefer a balanced sounding headphone. If I was a basshead, I would of gone for the FX700 over the Ortafon e-Q7 but I didn't.
Or I would of gone for the DT990/DT770 over the DT880's....

Blind accusations are silly. I'm not the only one who thinks a good majority of Head-fiers like a lean amount of bass / mid and/or treble emphasis. Bass quantity is different from bass quality / detail as you know.

Hey, the :rolleyes: smiley was meant to imply sarcasm.  I totally agree with you and would say more, but there's no point, the army would just descend

May 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #37 of 38

Quote:
Over the whole spectrum. There is such a thing called bass detail!!!!
(Hate the flaws of Head-fi, that being the lean bass that is the 'Head-fi sound signature').

Did you even look at the headphones in my sig? I'm obviously not someone who favors bass lean headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back