K701, non-toilet edition?...
Jan 14, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #76 of 88
^^^ I see. 6 hours is way too much work to do this. Maybe there is way to do it with a Sharpie? I'll probably look into something after I get my pair, but disassembling them will not be an option.

Jan 14, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #77 of 88
Take a Sharpie to new headphones??
eek.gif

Reminds me of my kid taking a sharpie to his new sneakers.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #78 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
Take a Sharpie to new headphones??
eek.gif

Reminds me of my kid taking a sharpie to his new sneakers.
rolleyes.gif

You're not paying for my cans. Maybe I'll listen to you if you are paying for my cans.

Jan 14, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #79 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
You're not paying for my cans. Maybe I'll listen to you if you are paying for my cans.

LOL
Didn't say I was paying or that you should listen, but you might wish to consider re-sale value.
Heck for all I care you can use crayon and then go paint your car with a roller and housepaint.
biggrin.gif

Whatever you wish to do just think first, then whatever you chose to do, enjoy it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #83 of 88
I prefer the original!

Wonderful....

Jan 15, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #84 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradino
I prefer the original!

Wonderful....

holy crap, shorten your sig

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #87 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Want more detail in your K701's? Take off the pads (turn counter clockwise) and remove the foam donut. Put the pads back on the same way they came off, with larger side in back.

I just discovered this myself playing around with the K701s, which I was seriously considering selling and sticking with the SA5000/HD595 combo. What a difference in detail and openness! Exactly what was bugging me, they sounded congested, even compared to my frankensenns.

What I'm confused by is why I haven't read of more people at least trying this, like it or not.

I'll have to give it some more time but this may shed a whole new light for me on the K701.
701smile.gif
701smile.gif
701smile.gif

I actually wish I had a spare pair of donuts to play with different sized center holes, may have to find something else to cut up...

Oh, and I'd like to see the outer grill painted to match the inner one, I think that would look better than black
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #88 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
The K701s I would call "futuretro" more than retro, though. It's like, how people used to think the future would look like back in the sixties, or so. Think 2001 Space Oddissey, or Clockwork Orange, or the Jetsons... I love those esthetics...

The ultimate futuretro must be the K1000s. Think Terry Gilliam's "Brazil".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back