K701, non-toilet edition?...
Jan 10, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
Daytime has arrived...

daylight701.jpg

Now THAT is a picture worthy of conveying your handywork! Very nice start - definately intersted in seeing all the ugly white pieces painted.

Jan 10, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #48 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Yeah, he does do AKG's nice doesn't he?
340smile.gif

meet7.jpg

PS. The SLAM is not mine, but I do have a tube amp in the works.
wink.gif

Just stab me in the heart Philodox! LOL Gotta sport some wood on mine! Thinkin' about makin' a Zebrawood and Figured Maple case for my PPA. Must get Larry to make me some Zebrawood Caps for my 340's. Yours look soooo good!

P.S. Larry do you see the dust on the bottom of the headphone stand Of Philodox's? Tsk Tsk!

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #51 of 88
You know, I kinda like the way the K701's look stock. Different from today's breed of headphones. I think it has a uniqueness that sets it apart. The black mod looks good too, no doubt.

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:33 AM Post #54 of 88
Ahhhh. Maybe a nice "TRON" color scheme?......

701_Tron01.jpg

or perhaps a 701 with that lovely LIQUID sound look?.......

701_LiquidSound.jpg

[size=medium]Hey vo328!!! Swiped the avatar I created, eh?![/size]

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #55 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hey vo328!!! Swiped the avatar I created, eh?!

Nah he didn't. His shows a different part of the image and is saved higher quality too.
tongue.gif

On a lighter note, until I see what the K701's look like, I actually thought they looked really nice in pictures. People have said it's more white than the silvery colour that they usually show. I did like the original concept in this thread and the examples of changing its colour, but I feel some of the remaining whites do need to be changed as well.

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #56 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyder187
Nah he didn't. His shows a different part of the image and is saved higher quality too.
tongue.gif

Ohhh … okay. Spoiled my fun.
k1000smile.gif

Mine's not lower quality exactly … I saved some "detail" to retain a bit of the screen look … otherwise it gets smoothed out. Who can tell at that size, anyway? (Don't care for the psychedelic look, huh?)

Jan 11, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #57 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328
You know, I kinda like the way the K701's look stock. Different from today's breed of headphones. I think it has a uniqueness that sets it apart. The black mod looks good too, no doubt.

I hope I will get my K701's today and we will see. But even with the pictures that reveal the more white look I like what I see.

It may not be the best looking headphone but to me it is by far not looking bad.
Well, tastes are different. We will see how I like it when I really can lay my hands on it.

Jan 11, 2006 at 10:36 AM Post #58 of 88
I bet there's a subtle but true relation between liking/disliking the looks of a headphone, and liking/disliking the sound.

Jan 11, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #59 of 88
I bet that if the K701s were black, not so many people would have even noticed their existence. Maybe then they wouldn't be FOTM either, and that way the Senn HD-650 people could breathe easier.

I find it rather offensive to read these toilet comparisons around here, especially having just ordered a shiny new pair of white K701s. Headphones are still for listening, not so much for looking at them, so I don't really understand the point in this bashing. Is it that the HD-650 people need something they can mock about these phones, as sonically they seem to better the Senn flagship?
confused.gif

Considering how many dark coloured headphones there are in the market these days, I wouldn't say that there is an added value in bringing in another dark headphone. I think it's a bold statement from the people at AKG, and it seems to have worked quite well, as everybody is talking about these phones.

I love the retro looks of the PortaPros, I love the retro looks of the Grados. The K701s I would call "futuretro" more than retro, though. It's like, how people used to think the future would look like back in the sixties, or so. Think 2001 Space Oddissey, or Clockwork Orange, or the Jetsons... I love those esthetics...

Jan 11, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #60 of 88
Quote:

I love the retro looks of the PortaPros, I love the retro looks of the Grados. The K701s I would call "futuretro" more than retro, though. It's like, how people used to think the future would look like back in the sixties, or so.

OMG... I'm a longtime fan of what you're calling "futuretro" -- always loved anything to do with that sort of look, and I happen to like the way the K701 looks too (never did make that connection though, thanks!). The K501 has a little bit of that look too, but not nearly as much as the K701... the color is a big part of it, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back