K701, AKG has done something special here!!
Dec 20, 2005 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I was losing my mind
eek.gif
, but I just heard the bass kind of adjust itself!! I don't know what they did, but, it is a beautiful thing. When I was listening to some good bass notes, it sounded so full, with great impact, and tightness. Later on, I was amazed, when the bass level dropped, accordingly. I beleive it has something to do with the patent they have, Varimotion. What ever it is, it's fantastic, and shocking!! Enjoy all.
icon10.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 76
Congratulations on having a great satisfying pair of cans. Enjoy them..

Merry Christmas.

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 76
I am looking forward to seeing more people getting 701 and giving their thoughts by mid to late January so that can guide me in the next direction.

p.s. i mean the next wallet destruction.

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
Congratulations on having a great satisfying pair of cans. Enjoy them..

Merry Christmas.

They are indeed satisfying at that, I just am having a hard time between the HD600 w/Equinox, and the K701, it's so close!

Also, I beleive AKG is targeting the HD650 audience here, if you asked AKG, they would probably say, That's what the HD650 should have sounded like!

Thank you, and same to you!
icon10.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #6 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
They are indeed satisfying at that, I just am having a hard time between the HD600 w/Equinox, and the K701, it's so close!

Don't rush into the decision! Take your time with them. I almost made a mistake when I was selling my 650s too soon but then I found that damn sibilance from K701... Well fortunately I managed to cancel the deal and keep my 650s.

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Don't rush into the decision! Take your time with them. I almost made a mistake when I was selling my 650s too soon but then I found that damn sibilance from K701... Well fortunately I managed to cancel the deal and keep my 650s.

What sibilance is that, I got these 701's with 300 hours on them, and I don't hear any sibilance. Maybe I am thinking of sibilance in a different way, but can you elaberate a bit on your find.

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 76
Quote:

Take your time with them. I almost made a mistake when I was selling my 650s too soon but then I found that damn sibilance from K701...

There may be some sibilance early on, but it doesn't last. There's none in my K-701. After it's had some burn-in, it may reveal sibilance elsewhere in the system, though. Sonic signature is actually very similar to K-340, but the K-701 seems to image better, and is definitely more extended at both frequency extremes. K-701 has the sound I'd be hoping to attain if I modded the K-340.

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 76
Quote:

Take your time with them. I almost made a mistake when I was selling my 650s too soon but then I found that damn sibilance from K701...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
sibilance: hhssssssssweet......hsssssound.......
very_evil_smiley.gif

No, none of that, I can't hear any hissing sound anywhere!! Ultra smooth, with real clean and defined highs, tight glorious bass, Don't know what source your using, but the sibilance thing doesn't happen on my end!
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 76
Very soon (after the right burnin time) my comparison: W5000/K701 !

Best!
Nicola

Dec 20, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Very soon (after the right burnin time) my comparison: W5000/K701 !

Best!
Nicola

Now that is a comparison, worth waiting for!
tongue.gif
Although, I can't imagine anything right now, sounding as good as a K701.

Dec 20, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #14 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Now that is a comparison, worth waiting for!
tongue.gif
Although, I can't imagine anything right now, sounding as good as a K701.

I dunno... the w5k is 2x more expensive than the 701...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back