K340: How power hungry are they?
Apr 9, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #31 of 55
My K340s are heading to Larry the Monday after the meet for the full upgrade package. I am really looking forward to hearing some of the upgraded models at the meet. I set it up so that I paid a while back to get on the list so I should be able to send them in and they will be just in time for Larry to begin work so I get them back soon. Mine have the AKG logo on my band so I am not sure which version I have. They are pretty hard to drive, I have to go to the highest gain setting on my Gilmore V2-SE and then turn the volume up a little over half way to get the dynamics I want. My other headphones mostly 300 ohm, or even worse the SA-5K or ATH-A900, require I turn the amp way down after listening to the K340s to avoid melting my brain.
basshead.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
Find an attractive woman with a ponytail. Ask if you can borrow her hair elastic.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, that's what I use. Except I got mine from a drug store.

Yes and it's super easy. I think there's a thread around with pics?

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner
Mine have the AKG logo on my band so I am not sure which version I have.

Mine had the logo too, and i'm betting so did Philodox's. Can't comment on SQ of both versions, but mine are the ones that are supposed to have less bass. All i can say is they sound fantastic!

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Mine had the logo too, and i'm betting so did Philodox's. Can't comment on SQ of both versions, but mine are the ones that are supposed to have less bass. All i can say is they sound fantastic!

Mine also have the logo, and are bass monsters...

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
Mine also have the logo, and are bass monsters...

You know this really makes me wanna have a K340 owners meet! I propose we do it at Philodox's house 'cause he has such pretty green walls! Can anybody give me a lift?
Hmmm, I live at the beach, aaah but you guys probably wouldn't wanna get sand in your shoes and have to fight your way through the crowds of college girls in bikinis, what was i thinking?

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #38 of 55
3 or 4 times now these phoens have appeared on Ebay UK and ive resisted the urge to put in a bid. Am I missing out on something special?

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #39 of 55
I've got the bass light version. I should try to figure out if there's anymore I can do to get more bass out of them. (Maybe one of the experts can help me with this
wink.gif
)

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
3 or 4 times now these phoens have appeared on Ebay UK and ive resisted the urge to put in a bid. Am I missing out on something special?

YES! But you do have the lowly omega II's to tide you over 'til you get a pair.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
I've got the bass light version. I should try to figure out if there's anymore I can do to get more bass out of them. (Maybe one of the experts can help me with this
wink.gif
)

Try taping the hole up on each ear cup with electrical tape, try newer pads, add more cotton, use blu tak inside the cups. Im sure there are other mods to increase bass or at least tighten it up more, but i cant think of them right now. Oh, btw mine was the bass heavy version before mods. After mods, it sounds just right.

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
wink.gif
)

Stuff a bit of cotton in there. It'll roll off the highs a bit while adding bass, so you'll have to play around with how much you stuff in there to get the right balance. Or get an amp with bass boost.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #44 of 55
Velour pads?

Anyways... my K340's did not have the AKG logo. I seriously doubt that means a thing. I am completely on board for a K340 meet at my place.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back