k340 and the velour pads
Oct 22, 2006 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

arielext

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading how easy it is to get the velour pads from AKG I thought, well I'll order a set for my beloved modded k340.
AKG told me to order one from their resellers in my country (the Netherlands), I got a list with ~ 10 resellers. One of them is located on the other side of my town (a whopping total of 14km). I shot them a mail back in april and they responded promptly that is would be hard to order just the 2 pads and that it could take a while.
Months later (august) they responded that after all that time the pads arrived! I jumped on my bike and drove the 14km. When I got there the store was closed but the nice man still let me in because I had to wait for the pads that long. He brought the pleather pads to me and my happy mood turned black, yes the pleather pads
frown.gif
I told him that those were the wrong ones and that I ordered the velour pads.
Back home I tried this forum to get the pads, waiting another 5 months for some simple pads wasn't worth the wait, so I thought. The guy called me on tuesday that the received the new pads! So just like in august I jumped on my bike and drove the 14km. This time my happy mood stayed cause it were the right pads this time
340smile.gif
(see the change in the smiley)
When I got home I promptly installed the pads, after struggeling with them for a while.
velour-headfi.jpg

Was it worth the wait? Yes! not only the comfort of the cans increased but the velour pads offer a thighter seal which results in a better bass response. The good K340 went to a awesome modded K340 to the omgwtfbbq modded k340 with velourpads that they are now!

For my journey to the pads I'd like to thank:
- AKG, for the K340, the pads and the terrible wait.
- DLD Amersfoort, for the patience, and the time.
- Gazelle, for my bike

Oct 22, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 6
The key to easier installation of the velour pads on the k340 is to do some careful pre-stretching before attempting to put them on. If you get to feeling too strong, they can/do split on the underside..........otherwise it is a struggle. I use 2 fingers (each hand) and work carefully my way around the center hole.
From time to time I think about removing just a little bit of that flaring edge on the cups to make things a bit easier.

Oct 22, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow, I know you'll appreciate them even more than the rest of us after that wait. I helped a fellow Head-Fier get a set of these, and I thought the month or so of dealing with various problems was bad. That was due to AKG relocating here in the US and a shipping error. You must have wanted to tell the guy to at least drive you back home after the first botched shipment!

Oct 22, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Could one of you please give us the proper part number so that we can attempt to get this right in the future? I just won a pair of K340 yesterday, and I expect I'll be taking a stroll down velour street myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back