k240 photo guide: sextett to monitor
Sep 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 55
ka4pw6.jpg

2gu9l3a.jpg

3ex6a.jpg

finally got it finished, need to find nicer badges or something

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #18 of 55
Outstanding, Great Job pistolsnipe! Like the material headband & the copper-colored screen mod looks sweet as well. How do they sound w/the mixed baffles?

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 55
Thanks a lot for the pictures and information.
Seems like I have an mp K240 Sextett, as I can see orange color grills in there. Love them for what they are...

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #24 of 55
well EP sextetts I guess cause that's what I have

don't worry about a formal review, just put a list of words, get emotional, make analogies, whatever. I'm just really curious as the sextetts are some of my favorite headphones of all time

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #25 of 55
well i just tried them vs my re cabled mp sextetts, and they sound crisper and less muffled, and seem to resolve slightly better, piano sounds amazing and they sound intimate without sounding claustrophobic. (clapton unplugged - layla) i hadn't done an incremental listen, so i have no clue if it was drivers/mixed baffles/more open, not to mention I'm not sure if the drivers are df or monitor drivers right now. my ep sextetts actually donated some parts so i could get these finished, so they aren't in a listen able condition quite yet, but ill let you know when i can do that comparison

Sep 11, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Outstanding, Great Job pistolsnipe! Like the material headband & the copper-colored screen mod looks sweet as well. How do they sound w/the mixed baffles?

Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

hah its not copper-colored, its actually copper, i had some left over from doing grados

http://i40.tinypic.com/34yu3oi.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2v27bwn.jpg

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally awesome mod, I have thought of adding sextett radiators to my already modified K240DF's and now I want to do so even more!

i actually bought a box of random k240 parts recently, so if you need lp baffles let me know and ill see what i can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back