K1000 with Dual Micro Mono-Filament cable - less contact with conductor, more detail!
Jan 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #46 of 53
Nice new vids on youtube, Patrick. Keep 'em coming.
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #47 of 53
I have been listening to stock K1000 for a few days now. Today I switched to K1000 + Valhalla soldered to drivers. OMG!!! The improvement in bass is so crazy. I don't think anyone will complain of lack of bass. The stock K1000 sound like stock earbuds compared to it. My body is vibrating from the bass! It sounds very musical, there is not much to complain about, bass, speed, detail, soundstage, it is almost perfect. It actually sounds too bassy right now, but I just need to get used to it.

I'm using EMU0404 USB soundcard and T-Amp. Switching the headphone cable made a far bigger improvement than EMU vs dCS Elgar Plus DAC.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #49 of 53
I have found if you can keep the cable at sub zero temps while keeping your head at about 75deg (to keep the driver's surround compliant) it provides the best sound. Make sure to wear warm clothing to avoid frostbite.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #51 of 53
I Worry about this guy were not going to hear from him for awhile. Then someone will see on the news about the man who suffocated after getting trapped in his air tight, ems wrapped room made of books. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #53 of 53

Quote:
I Worry about this guy were not going to hear from him for awhile. Then someone will see on the news about the man who suffocated after getting trapped in his air tight, ems wrapped room made of books. 

Good job bumping an ancient thread.  Patrick82 is not dead and gone yet, don't worry.

http://www.coconut-audio.com/pricing.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back