K1000 Question
Aug 29, 2010 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ivanrocks321

1000+ Head-Fier
I kept wondering what the "pigtail" was for the K1000. I assume it just the original cable? Im sure its been explained here somewhere but I fail to find the answer using search. And is it anything worth trying to get with my K1000? 

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
As is the quality of the persons ears and the ability of the brain to interpret the sounds.

Oh so true!   This should be a footnote to many threads.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #10 of 12
Hehe well just listened to some Cosmic Gate (usually a Black Sabbath, AC/DC, All That Remains, Metallica, Iron Maiden etc kinda guy), but WOW. Sounds amazing through Zero>HLLY T-Amp 20. These are Patrick82's K1000 with Valhalla on them. I cut 90cm of Valhalla off (5-10cm left soldered to drivers) and just put 2.5M of 16awg 99.99% copper speaker wire. Crappy wire, but damn these sound amazing. Heaps of bass, almost too much at times. This Valhalla sure sound amazing. These are bass light K1000 too. I don't remember the bass heavy version I heard have as much bass as this. I need to hear a stock bass light K1000 to compare to this recabled pair. Maybe cables really do make a huge difference after all? Right now though, I stand by the statement that amp>cable.

Nov 20, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #11 of 12
Hello K1000 or K1K owners!

Again, I want to mention that already in year 2014, I was asked by a view guys of you, to develop kind of "follower" of the AKG K1000 based on today's technology.

Nowadays it became reality.
"K1000 upgrade is there and it's called "MYSPHERE 3"

My partners and me invested 2 full years for development time apart from huge investment. (b.t.w. it's one of the shortest development times in this industry based on pure know how)
The supply chain for all parts is fixed (98% EU based) and production capacity is in place in VIenna - Austria (we rump-ed up slowly beginning 2018).

Some details you find there: www.mysphere.at
...including what the press believe about.

Much more interesting may be, what the community here is mentioning about:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/mys...gn-build-quality.819658/page-57#post-14601749

Please check this brand-new K1000 upgrade! I'm convinced you would become enthusiastic too! Give them a chance!

Furthermore:
I'm personally very happy to announce at this place first time, that we as LB-acoustics working for MYSPHERE, agreed to partnership with WOO-Audio from now onward for the US market.
This means for you guys living in the USA, you get full exceptional service directly. Just check here:
https://wooaudio.com/headphones/mysphere

BR yours heinz

10149263.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back