K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
May 23, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #470 of 3,772
May 23, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #471 of 3,772
Their last album was so good and it seemed to be a more evolved version of the group.

Its a shame if they come to early end.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #472 of 3,772
I hope this is just a bargaining play but Source entertainment has announced they won't be renewing Gfriend's contracts :frowning2:

Lil Uzi...I feel your pain.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/5/lil-uzi-vert-mourns-disbandment-kpop-group-gfriend-info

Unfortunately I think they really did disband, the group already put out personally written letters from each member to the fans :frowning2:
Don't know who Lil Uzi is but what horrible comments on that article...

People who are not into Kpop don't understand the connection fans gets with both the groups as well as the members. It's just not the same with western groups. I'm a super fan of Dream Theater, love that crap to death. But it's not at all the same as my stanning of Red Velvet for instance. Plus the fan service is just waaay better for Kpop and you have the whole collection of photocards and merch, which of course increases the bond between the groups and the fans. So I totally understand Lil Uzi, I dread the day when Red Velvet disband :sob:

May 24, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #473 of 3,772
Some kdrama OST songs

Can't get this song out of my head

Wendy the vocal anchor of Red Velvet, got a set of pipes on her

Minnie from GiDle showing off her skills

May 25, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #475 of 3,772
Wendy is amazing. Heard her solo album? All songs are pretty much on point. Vocals for days!
Yeah her solo album is excellent. Every song is good, shes unbelievably talented.

May 25, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #476 of 3,772
Yeah her solo album is excellent. Every song is good, shes unbelievably talented.

Agreed wholeheartedly!

Not sure if there are any Everglow fans here, but they just had a comeback today:

They really snapped! Good lord. Song is fire. And the choreo, geez! I especially like the outro choreo

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #477 of 3,772
Some kdrama OST songs

Can't get this song out of my head

Minnie from GiDle showing off her skills

Hadn't heard any of these. And they're all quite nice.

May 26, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #478 of 3,772

I was about to post this one. I would say this is her best solo vocal performance I've heard which is a shame because she has great vocal talent. I generally don't like the songs made for her.

She definitely got talent. She should sing the right songs though.

Their last album was so good and it seemed to be a more evolved version of the group.

Its a shame if they come to early end.

It's a shame about Gfriend. I always found their dance performance just so well executed, the choreography well designed.

Their performances seems lack any flaws. Movements are perfectly in sync. I would believe it when they claim they were worked too much for their performances. I just never understood why their popularity didn't reach all that high. They seemed very capable.

Gfriend's choreographer. She looks like excessive plastic surgery.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #479 of 3,772
Believe it or not, there's a lot of kpop choreography today done by foreign choreographers. Rie Hata did some for certain kpop groups, and I believe SM entertainment was maybe the first to hire Japanese chareographers.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #480 of 3,772
Truly a shame that they let Gfriend go at the pinnacle of their musical capability. A huge mistake by Source imo, they're never gonna find talent like on this level again. The last album they released, Walpurgis night is pure fire.

They are quite a bit different from the other groups, not just their style but their sound. They have a sweet tone in their voices and can sing as well.

Heres Sinb killing it with a cover of Kim Jong Kook's Loveable

Umji's voice melts my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back