K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #571 of 3,836
After that initial burst of interest back in mid 2014, it looks like I sort of lost interest again for around 6 months, until sometime around the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015. It was around that time that this cover video of S.E.S's "Be Natural" by Red Velvet came out.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #572 of 3,836
And Gain also released her solo album Truth or Dare around that time, with this track and "Paradise Lost", among others.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #573 of 3,836
I'll have to spend some time going through many of these suggestions with my daughter though she would know them all. She is literally an encyclopedia of KPop and a little JPop, although less with JPop as she didn't find the caliber as high as with KPop. She was also into Japanese City Pop for a while.
Check out StayC. They're from the start-up company/agency headed by Black Eyed Pilseung, the duo which officially produced five (5) title tracks of Twice, all of which are arguably their most iconic ones, or at the very least one of the main reason/s why they rose to "god" status in the K-Pop industry. I'm guessing we're (your daughter and I) around the same age bracket and she might find them (the idols) and their songs interesting. Currently my favorite group along with (G)I-DLE and aespa, both music and personality-wise.

Lightsum is interesting as well but they haven't released any songs yet. Same agency as (G)I-DLE.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #574 of 3,836
Lim Kim was also fairly popular around that time. And Stellar had just released Marionette and also this video around then. And Hellovenus was also beginning to release some sizzlier stuff. So things were starting to get a bit more interesting in the genre. :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #576 of 3,836
I don't remember much about this group, except that I liked some of the dance sequences in their videos. And I think all the ladies in this group were part Korean, and part something else. :) Which was a bit unusual at the time.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #577 of 3,836
Another video by miss A that I liked. Sound quality is a little sub-par on some of these, so i apologize for that.

Jun 7, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #579 of 3,836
OT, but in between the above, I was listening to alot of Daddy Yankee, Wisin & Yandel, Aventura, Don Omar, Belinda, J Balvin, Pitbull and Shakira. :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #582 of 3,836
Tahiti's "Phone Number". This had some slightly sizzly dancing in it.

I haven't looked at some of these videos in ages btw. :)

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #583 of 3,836
D.holic. Another group I was fairly into at the time, which unfortunately didn't last that long. Totally forgot about this group.

Volume is quite loud on this track.

I was obviously mostly into the sexier stuff at this time. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back