K-pop, J-pop suggestions!
Jun 6, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #527 of 3,833
Damn catchy song

Jun 6, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #529 of 3,833
I'm not learning their names, theres too many of them.

Kinda sounds like a variation of Madonna's Lucky Star, may thats why I like

^ There is also a full English version of this by Loona as well, which is quite good, called "Star".

Lol if you gave me or most people a choice between living their own life or an idol's life, I think its obvious what the choice would be.

They are entertainers and get paid to perform. Most people don't have the attributes/capabilities that they have but their lives are not difficult, they do what they love, and get paid tons of money to do it. Teams of people to cater to their every want or need. They love the fame and attention, unfortunately, there are negatives to being a celebrity but nothing that will outweigh the positives.

On top of that most of the kids come wealthy families and Korea is a place where favors are popular.

Its the poor, people without connections and people that haven't made it that struggle, the popular groups live their daily life like house cats. Wake up at 3pm, order delivery, sleep, watch dramas, order delivery, sleep, repeat. They're only busy for short periods throughout the year when they promote.

Britney Spears had a pretty rough childhood, I don't think she had it that easy but again if you asked her if she wanted to live a regular life or the life that she lived, I'm sure she'd pick fame and fortune over 9-5.

Also if you remember Britney Spears is kind of the inspiration for the evolution of Kpop. Prior to her, all the groups were mostly male and even the few females were dressing in unflattering clothing. Once Britney hit it big, everyone copied her. Scantily clad girls and school girl uniforms as far as the eye can see after that.

Interesting take, dougms3.

I don't really have any inside info to offer on the above. But the genre has gotten so competitive lately, that I sort of doubt that even many of better or more popular groups have it all that easy anymore. Some of the more well-known groups and artists are undoubtedly pampered to some degree. But if they want to stay on top and relevant, it's something they'll have to continually work for.

The Kpop and Korean music industry is also a tremendous source of pride to the whole country. And I'm fairly sure that anyone who did not respect that, or reflect well on it would likely be out the door in fairly short order.

Many of the groups (Stellar comes to mind) also receive very little in actual pay for their services. And their labels basically just act sort of like booking agents, who will pick up basic living or travel expenses, and not much else. And keep most of the profits (if there are any?) to themselves. So for some groups it is definitely not all that glamorous, and the artists you see performing on the stage will often end up walking away with almost nothing to show for their work and efforts, except for maybe a little fame and notoriety.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #530 of 3,833
^ There is also a full English version of this by Loona as well, which is quite good, called "Star".
I heard but it doesnt have the same...might I say, "panache" with english lyrics.

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #531 of 3,833
I heard but it doesnt have the same...might I say, "panache" with english lyrics.

In case anyone's havin trouble finding it...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #532 of 3,833
Another one of those groups that had such potential but suffered from poor management

Look at all the ad placements in this MV, its ridiculous.

Bass heavy track

Treble heavy track

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #534 of 3,833
Another one of those groups that had such potential but suffered from poor management

These are unfortunately the sort of groups that I usually end up liking the most. :) Often because they are trying something a little different, or outside of the normal Kpop box. And then they just up and disappear with little or no warning. :cry:

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #536 of 3,833
These are unfortunately the sort of groups that I usually end up liking the most. :) Often because they are trying something a little different, or outside of the normal Kpop box. And then they just up and disappear with little or no warning. :cry:
Its the curse of Produce 101, 2 members of Gugudan were ranked very highly in that show. Alot of "could have been" careers destroyed on that show.

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #539 of 3,833
Its the curse of Produce 101, 2 members of Gugudan were ranked very highly in that show. Alot of "could have been" careers destroyed on that show.

Haven't watched. So can't really comment. Is this the same show that spawned IOI and Somi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back