JVC HARX700 BURN IN METHODS AND DIFFERENCE
Feb 5, 2011 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

aurnob88

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my JVC HARX700's two days ago and so far have given them about 15 hrs burn in (pink and white noise, bassy tracks, music, etc). The sound seems to have improved a bit but sibilance still prevails in some of my MP3 tracks (128-320kbps) and the mids and treble seems muddy and without good seperation.

Is it that the JVC's requrie much more burn in or should I EQ them. Im using them off an Audigy LS computer sound card.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 14
I notice some tracks do sound a bit sibilant to the rx700. Burn in does help, but i suggest to eq them to your liking.

Also on another note anyone know what kind of cushions i can replace mine with? Looking for some new pads to increase the comfort.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
I notice some tracks do sound a bit sibilant to the rx700. Burn in does help, but i suggest to eq them to your liking.

Also on another note anyone know what kind of cushions i can replace mine with? Looking for some new pads to increase the comfort.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/435809/jvc-ha-rx700-mods

Try the foam mod, make them more supple and comfortable.

Shall be doing when I get my hands on foam.

I just did the felt removal mod and the phones seems quite a bit brighter, and the whole sound is less muddy now. Much more to my liking.

And the bass doesn't really lose much heft,punch or depth. Just less bloat. Perfect.

And the sibilance seems to have increased a little.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 14
does anyone have any eq suggestions

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 14
bump

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 14

Could be your source, for cheap headphone they are quite revealing and will give you sibilance if it's in the recording... perhaps this would otherwise go unnoticed on warmer, less critical cans? I don't leave headphones to burn in with anything in particular, generally I listen to music and leave it playing when I'm no longer using them. I have heard extremely loud music/ noise speeds up the process but wouldn't recommend this at all.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 14
yeah could be, coz im listening to mostly 128kbps mp3's which could be contributing to the sibilance issue, although sibilance tends to be stronger on certain tracks than others.

im sure these cans could manage extremely loud music as they are capable of handling a supposed 1.5w input

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 14
does anyone have any opinions about the foam mod

do they improve sound stage (width wise) at all?

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 14

Quote:

Could be your source, for cheap headphone they are quite revealing and will give you sibilance if it's in the recording... perhaps this would otherwise go unnoticed on warmer, less critical cans? I don't leave headphones to burn in with anything in particular, generally I listen to music and leave it playing when I'm no longer using them. I have heard extremely loud music/ noise speeds up the process but wouldn't recommend this at all.

graphicissm, just did your foam mod. i didnt have the best foam, just like 1cm x 10cm, which i had to spin around somehow. i cant tell much of an improvement, i would even say bass has increased

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #10 of 14
bump

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 14
The best mod i did was dampening the plastic cup with the grip liner.

I only put the liner on the plastic inside the cup and nowhere else. 

That was the best mod i did as it made them more punchy and tighter.  I also stuffed my the cups, but the liner to the cups did the most change for the better.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #13 of 14
i guess so. i just decided to tone down the bass a little with foobar as i felt it was drowning out the mids.

do you guys find the soundstage on these constricted

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back