JVC HAR-X700 and 900. Two of the best dynamics? Am I nuts?
Apr 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #751 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea how long previous owner burned them in. After I got them, I burned them about 24 hours so far. But not much difference yet. I might keep burning them in for awhile. I still prefer all the headphones I tried so far to RX900, which includes HD600, AD700, A700, DT770 and some grados I tried. I am not saying rx900 are bad, I just don't like their sound signature (muddy and too much bass for my taste).

A few of us felt the same about the sound and then pursued the advised mods. You will hear a much better headphone, although to be fair the mids still seem to have some issues for me...but hell they're a $50 headphone!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #752 of 1,224
Quote:

I have no idea how long previous owner burned them in. After I got them, I burned them about 24 hours so far. But not much difference yet. I might keep burning them in for awhile. I still prefer all the headphones I tried so far to RX900, which includes HD600, AD700, A700, DT770 and some grados I tried. I am not saying rx900 are bad, I just don't like their sound signature (muddy and too much bass for my taste).

You really should give headphones around 100 hours before judging what they really sound like. Some less, some more but I would say that is a good number.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #754 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by notuagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few of us felt the same about the sound and then pursued the advised mods. You will hear a much better headphone, although to be fair the mids still seem to have some issues for me...but hell they're a $50 headphone!
smily_headphones1.gif

I am too lazy to do mod but I might look into it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really should give headphones around 100 hours before judging what they really sound like. Some less, some more but I would say that is a good number.

Yes that is why I am burning them like hell. However, all of my other headphones sounded very good to me right out of the box. Especially HD600 and AD700.

Once again, I do not have alot of experience with many different headphones. In fact, I do not even know if RX900 are good or bad headphones. But I am just stating what I think based on what I hear with the headphones that I tried so far.

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #755 of 1,224
I think the main reason behind your feeling the RX900 sounding muddier than the AD700 and the HD600 is because it's a closed-air headphone while the AD700 and the HD600 are both open air. That makes a remarkable difference in sound signature FWIR.

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #756 of 1,224
Quote:

Yes that is why I am burning them like hell. However, all of my other headphones sounded very good to me right out of the box. Especially HD600 and AD700.

Once again, I do not have alot of experience with many different headphones. In fact, I do not even know if RX900 are good or bad headphones. But I am just stating what I think based on what I hear with the headphones that I tried so far.

Don't get me wrong, ultimately it is only a matter if they sound good to you.

As for comparing them to your ATs - very different sounding headphone (open, not much bass presence, plenty of presence in the highs). Your Senn - well, they are about 5 times the cost so they ought to sound better!
bigsmile_face.gif

My personal opinion of the RX900 - a terrific bang-for-the-buck 'phone but no giant killer.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #757 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the main reason behind your feeling the RX900 sounding muddier than the AD700 and the HD600 is because it's a closed-air headphone while the AD700 and the HD600 are both open air. That makes a remarkable difference in sound signature FWIR.

Yes that is true. However, I kind of liked sound of DT770 even though it is closed-air. However it had piercing high which I couldn't bear. But yes, I like open-air headphone better I think (never tried more expensive closed headphones like D2000 or W5000 so I really don't know yet).

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get me wrong, ultimately it is only a matter if they sound good to you.

As for comparing them to your ATs - very different sounding headphone (open, not much bass presence, plenty of presence in the highs). Your Senn - well, they are about 5 times the cost so they ought to sound better!
bigsmile_face.gif

My personal opinion of the RX900 - a terrific bang-for-the-buck 'phone but no giant killer.

I agree!

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #759 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PHO_KING702 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AS OF 3/15 MY RX700S BEEN PROCESSING THATS, 3 WEEKS WHAT SHOULD I DO?

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Cancel your order and purchase a different set of headphones or continue waiting it out. Simple as that. I splurged and went with HD25-1 II.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #760 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PHO_KING702 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AS OF 3/15 MY RX700S BEEN PROCESSING THATS, 3 WEEKS WHAT SHOULD I DO?

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Wait them out, depending on what your budget is. If you can extend into the ~$100 area, there are alternatives.

But if you want a low priced great headphone, wait it out or try from another retailer.. nothing much else you can do.

PS. I'm really loving the sound of the RX700 lately lol, just been playing music on them for hours and hours. They're connected through my AV-40's amp, and sounds great.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #761 of 1,224
I also say wait it out. There's nothing better below $200, in my opinion.

Apr 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #763 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by gychang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very fond of the UR-40, can anyone compare with these JVCs?

gychang

Do not waste money on the 900s,you wont like the lost in midrange. With the 700s,you will lost just a tiny bit of upper treble and some air but everything else comes together nicely!

Apr 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #765 of 1,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by pros1n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there alternate ways to buy the 700s in Canada?

pros1n

Buy it off someone :p.

That's what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back