JVC HA-RX700's arrived today - Left side is louder
Feb 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jddesigned

Head-Fier
So my JVC HA-RX700's arrived this morning and I'm quite impressed. Well except that I and others at work who've tried them immediately thought the left side is louder. Using balance controls confirms this. The left is louder and brighter, the right seems a little more distant and recessed at same volume. To get what seems even balance I need to set it 10-15% right. So let em burn in a little or start my return to Amazon now?

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 10
Are you using an analog or digital volume control? 15% matching (a little worse than 1db) is actually very good matching for a smooth pot if you are at the "quiet" end of the spin.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Are you using an analog or digital volume control? 15% matching (a little worse than 1db) is actually very good matching for a smooth pot if you are at the "quiet" end of the spin.

Don't have my player here so using Mac's volume and balance controls + itunes and my buddies LG windows 7 phone. Listening below 50% volume

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Have you tried with other hp's? to make sure your source is working properly? 

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #9 of 10
I have the same headphones and after a month of two the part where the cable connects the the headphones was slightly loose, no big deal. Although I do hear better and louder sound from the left and I experience this with my TV and android phone so I believe it's the headphones rather than a source. It is not noticeable on my computer but that is probably because my computer has adjusted the sound automatically. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back