JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,267 of 3,271
I'm not EQing them no.

As for dnb loop, go to dnbshare.com. There's TONS of mixes people upload in hq. Others in low quality, but generally they're not bad. 

This is a buddy of mine's mix. It's really good, lots of variety, and well put together. Anyways, put that on repeat, and maybe someone else can link you to some pink and white noise. I don't bother with that, but others swear by it. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #2,271 of 3,271
Quote:
Just received my 200's.  Just as reference.  I ordered them on the 16th from Amazon.jp, Tenso received them and shipped them to me on the 18th and they just arrived about an hour ago.

Needless to say, they sound great out of the box and I get real good isolation with the stock medium tips.  Definitely more bass (to me, at least) than the GR07 BE (which I have just dropped off at UPS to send back to Amazon).

I will say that the built quality doesn't appear as good as the GR07 (more "supple" cable and I like the 90 degree bend in the 3.5mm jack vs the straight cable in the JVC).

Vibrations from the woofer feel good and I've checked out some movie clips and really are loving these (I would say 2.1 sound is applicable to these).

Anyone have a link to a sound loop ( Drum & Bass or other recommended music) that I can play for a week or so?  Just want to leave these plugged in and come back to them in a a few days at a time.

Thank you all for the recommendations!!!  No, I am not Miow (Dimitri, whatever).

HA, HA, HA.  Did anyone ask you if you were Miow?

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,272 of 3,271
Nope. Just seemed to be the common response lately! Admittedly I jumped on that band wagon.

I'm leaving pandora on the drum and bass channel all night. Will do that each night for a week or two.

I find these to be the most comfortable straight down (not over my ears). Both my TS-400 and Sony hybrid tips fit perfectly and both feel very comfortable. The opening in the sony tips are the exact diameter of the stems, the complys are almost identical.. I don't really notice a change in audio quality with either tip but I am VERY far from a true audiophile (not yet at leat).

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,274 of 3,271
Quote:
Anyone EQ'ing these at all?

I do bump up the bass a step or 2 on my Fiio E17 when using these. Initially, I didn't, but as they burned in the bass toned down a bit so the bass head in me now feels that I want to EQ a bit! For me, it's all about the fun 
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #2,277 of 3,271
Quote:
How do they compare to AKG K3003 or the FitEar MH334?

I can't really say right now as they need burn in, but very noticably bassy. Also I don't have an MH334, but the TG 334... Also my 3003 is on loan right now :p

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,278 of 3,271

Got them!!!!! (200's) WOW! These things have AUTHORITY!

Ordered last Thursday, give props to Japan for their insane efficiency.

Huge sound, no burn in yet (how do people have the self control to not listen to them outa the box??). Great detail, reaaally wish I still had my fx700's to compare them to... certainly much more present mids, I'd certainly say the sound across the spectrum compliments each other very well.

Im on a deadline right now so I cant post full impressions yet, but WOW these are great!

Ill have to compare with the ex1000s mtpgs and ie80s later on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back