JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #1,666 of 3,271
You have some crazy self-control, miow, to be selling these after waiting so long for them and not even listening to them. :p

What dream headphones are you saving up for, if you don't mind me asking?

I was wondering that myself. What if the FXZ200s ARE your dream earphone and you never would have known because you didn't even listen to them? :p

I saw that you got hit hard by customs, though. I don't blame you for wanting to try make money back. But man... I would still listen to them, personally. Not that i have any self control, of course.

I reckon you would make your money back even of you still decided to sell them since these are currently such highly regarded IEMs and other Europeans would probably be glad to buy them so they could avoid the import duties.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,668 of 3,271
I think you are about to make a dreadful  mistake. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #1,676 of 3,271
Quote:
The problem we - as people - seem to have is the need to put labels on everything too much. The simple truth is that the FXZ100 sounds great, and it doesn't sound like any earphone I've heard before. And it has beautiful full deep controlled bass that is nothing short of amazing, and is also nothing I've never heard in any earphone before. Now call it basshead, audiophile, bass-audiophile or whatever doesn't really matter to me. It's a wonderful sounding earphone. You all can see where I rank it now with many others I have heard The bass is significant. Either people will dig it or they won't. It seems, however, that most who have heard it (or the FXZ200) like the IEM(s), and like it a lot. 

Quote:
That is actually what you get on the FXZ100 a total experience so I have a feeling your gonna love these earphones. Totalhead it is.

Quote:
OK so I have just received my FXZ100 - first listen, WOW!!! the bass QUALITY of this thing is just pure awesomeness!!!, I totally agree with everyone here, it feels like there is a pair of subwoofer installed just behind my earlobes...

...however...

...sibilance!!! damnn!!! is it just me, or anyone else too? or am I using the wrong tips? I am using the stock large silicone, might try and use foamies...

...but yeah, the bass is just like nothing I have heard before in an IEM, perfect quantity for me on the FXZ100, I can just imagine FXZ200 haha...in fact, I might just buy that too in a couple of weeks or so...

Purchase from Amazon.jp on the 24th, Tenso received the shipment on the 26th and shipped it out on the same day, delivered to my place in Perth, Western Australia on the 2nd Jan...absolutely superb...

Quote:
The FXD100's signature, while fairly balanced, is firmly grounded in the midrange.  Instead of getting long winded with words (as I typically do), I can best describe the midrange as possessing a smooth, Grado-like signature (perhaps, more accurately, an upper-tier Grado.. also perhaps the FXT90).  The mids are certainly forward and engaging, but they don't possesses a sharp upper midrange/lower treble spike (that tends to accompany lower-tiered Grados or the FXT90).  The treble is positioned slightly behind the midrange.. but there's just enough quantity to give the sound a sense of balance.  It's quite inoffensive and non-fatiguing as it starts to roll off (in my rough estimation) around 8K.

These are basically my experience in my short time listening Z100. Tears For Fears' Elemental album is listenable again. It is just sound sooo right. So does Lee Ritenour's. Normally it is not my cup of tea but drums sound amazing on these. Those bassline is so clean and detailed. I think I have revisit some of my collection. Thanks guys, you are surely delivered :)

@djvkool I did not detect sibilance as of right now. I am using stock tip that came with it.

Quote:

I reckon you are jakartadude on reddit and these are your pics? If so, happy early birthday. :wink:

Yes it is. Thank you for the kind words. My birthday present from myself
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #1,677 of 3,271
Just about 100+ hours on the 200's and the bass tightened up more.  Everything sounds in tact and sounds more like a good 2.1 system.  Seems like the bass is there with the song and not too much out of place.  Still, I'd like to see hoe the 100's are.  Gna wait for ericp10 to compare both.  I already know Dsnuts loves the 200's.  But I wna see what ericp10 has to say about the 200's also.  In the mean time, I'm just going to enjoy the listen.  I let my wife listen to them and at first she didn't want to because I recently gave her my Atrio Mg7 and she loves the sound of those but, when she tried the 200's she couldn't stop smiling...lol  
etysmile.gif

Listening to some Robert Glasper-Ah Yeah Feat Musiq Soulchild & Christte Michele

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,679 of 3,271
Not unless I turn up the volume and put something on with a lot of punch.  If the song doesn't play with a lot of punch or sub bass it doesn't.  You should try them miow.  The bass tightened up a whole lot in comparison to just out of the box.  That was after 100+ hours of burn in. I'm still burning them in to see if anything else will change.  

Edit:  Sorry I have not tried those headphones but I have tried the Velodyne vPulse.  Those suckers have a tone of bass but the bass kind of meshes with everything unlike the 200's.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back