JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #1,623 of 3,271
I just received the Meelec tri flange tips, that someone had mentioned earlier in this thread.  I had been using Meelec double flange tips prior to these, and I thought they sounded very nice, more balanced that the other plethora of tips that I had tried.  I still had to EQ the low end down a couple of db's with the double flange tips.  Also, I was using shallow insertion with the double flange tips, because if they were inserted too far, the sub bass/bass overwhelmed the rest of the sound spectrum.  Now for me the tri flange tips sound much better, sub bass/bass is there when called for, but does not overwhelm the rest of the sound......they also stay in place a lot better with fairly shallow insertion.  I have no need to EQ the bass down with the tri flange, and they don't fall out when moving around.  I am also getting a wider/bigger soundstage with the tri flange tips vs all of the other tips that I tried.  I also tried the tri flange tips on my FXD80, with similar results, the sub bass/bass on them is reduced enough for them to be more enjoyable to me, more balanced sounding as well, same comfort and stable!  The Meelec tri flange white/clear silicone tips would be something to try for those that would like a more balanced sub bass/bass to mids and highs, with a wider/bigger soundstage, and a nice fit!

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,624 of 3,271
Quote:
My Phone is the Note 2, international not the S3, it sounds good, but I dac/amp it with the Apex Galcier., meaning I use the Glacier as a dac and amp, leaving the Samsung to only do the playing and everything else id one in the external dac.
For that I can spend two days from full till zero with normal use!! and with 15-17 hours of play time!  non LTE version.
Please check the review :

Supersharp: Apex Glacier

is truly a music making device.

Headfonia review!!!

Now I hate head-fi even more. Now I need this stupid thing lol! But alas, it's $500, so my need for it is gonna be sticking around for quite some time I think.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,625 of 3,271
I believe Canada customs only come into play on items over $200 and not always. I have only customs hit me a couple of times and it was never more than $40 and usually around $20.

My AT AD900 were taxed and I think my SM3 were taxed and both items were $300 or more.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,626 of 3,271
Quote:

Curse you guys with the S3's! I have an S2, which (a) doesn't have the wolfsen chip and (b) is on version 2.3, so I can't seem to get usb audio out going. Curse you I say!
triportsad.gif

I don't have the SGS3. Like turok, I also have the Note II (international).

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,627 of 3,271
Great, USPS tried to deliver my FXZ200's while I was just out buying a case of Blue Moon! Now I wont get them until Monday, just my luck!
frown.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #1,629 of 3,271
The portuguese courier/post office/whatever it is called don't think about people's happyness. They got my 200 since Wednesday. It's pretty obvious that everybody wants to listen to the new stuff during the weekend. It's not human what they did to me
mad.gif

lol.

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,630 of 3,271
I auditioned the FXZ100/200 recently. Maybe this can be a help for some people on the fence.

The 200 is a basshead IEMs for sure, if not the bassiest popular/FOTM IEM in head-fi. The bass is powerful but not the cleanest or the best controlled and bleeds a bit into the midrange as well. The have good points but you have to get over that BASS 
basshead.gif
. It really sounds like a speaker + subwoofer for good and bad.
The 100 on the other hand impressed me. Wide open soundstage, great bass, clear smooth treble. Well ahead of the FXT90. On a side note, I was very impressed with the FXD80, I auditioned there too, I don't think it's that far off the new JVCs for a lot less money.

Thanks for those who took the first plunges to buy the 100/200. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,632 of 3,271
Okay. So let me get this straight.

These will NOT be okay straight from my iPod Touch? FXZs benefit greatly from being amped?

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,633 of 3,271
Quote:
I just received the Meelec tri flange tips, that someone had mentioned earlier in this thread.  I had been using Meelec double flange tips prior to these, and I thought they sounded very nice, more balanced that the other plethora of tips that I had tried.  I still had to EQ the low end down a couple of db's with the double flange tips.  Also, I was using shallow insertion with the double flange tips, because if they were inserted too far, the sub bass/bass overwhelmed the rest of the sound spectrum.  Now for me the tri flange tips sound much better, sub bass/bass is there when called for, but does not overwhelm the rest of the sound......they also stay in place a lot better with fairly shallow insertion.  I have no need to EQ the bass down with the tri flange, and they don't fall out when moving around.  I am also getting a wider/bigger soundstage with the tri flange tips vs all of the other tips that I tried.  I also tried the tri flange tips on my FXD80, with similar results, the sub bass/bass on them is reduced enough for them to be more enjoyable to me, more balanced sounding as well, same comfort and stable!  The Meelec tri flange white/clear silicone tips would be something to try for those that would like a more balanced sub bass/bass to mids and highs, with a wider/bigger soundstage, and a nice fit!

haha, I knew you'd like them. :D As I've already said, they just magically suck up bass and can be very helpful in taming bassy monsters like the xb90ex and I had no doubt it would do the same for the fxz...

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #1,634 of 3,271
Quote:
I auditioned the FXZ100/200 recently. Maybe this can be a help for some people on the fence.

The 200 is a basshead IEMs for sure, if not the bassiest popular/FOTM IEM in head-fi. The bass is powerful but not the cleanest or the best controlled and bleeds a bit into the midrange as well. The have good points but you have to get over that BASS 
basshead.gif
. It really sounds like a speaker + subwoofer for good and bad.
The 100 on the other hand impressed me. Wide open soundstage, great bass, clear smooth treble. Well ahead of the FXT90. On a side note, I was very impressed with the FXD80, I auditioned there too, I don't think it's that far off the new JVCs for a lot less money.

Thanks for those who took the first plunges to buy the 100/200. 

Would you say the treble is more recessed on the 200? Or are the main differences only found in the lower to lower-mid frequencies?

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #1,635 of 3,271
Quote:
Btw, according to my friend in Japan you can't actually audition all headphones in the stores there - mostly cans. Also, they don't allow you to use your source which kinda defeats the purpose coz you're forced to evaluate the sound only on the music played in the store's system which you've probably never heard before. The strange thing is that he said that the fxz100 and 200 weren't available in any store, which is kinda weird as he lives in Yokohama where the JVC's HQ is and one would think that they would have the stores in their own city stocked.

Huh? both FXZ100 and 200 test units are widely available in bigger electronic stores (Yodobashi etc.) and specialized earphone store (e-earphone, Fujiya Avic) in Japan, I just came back from Tokyo this morning, having extensively listened to both 100 and 200, among many others, using my own source in both Yodobashi Akiba and Fujiya-Avic. They allowed me to plug my 4S+GoDAP just fine.

Oh and they're available for test-listening even in my nearest Yamada Denki in Oita, lol.

As for the IEMs, I can't seem to get a secure and comfortable fit no matter what tip I'm using, and they prod out of my ear too much for my liking. This fit issue is might be why I think they sound so-so to my ears, even though during my previous, WAY shorter listening session I'm leaning towards liking these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back