JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,606 of 3,271
Quote:
you know what better than all this phone nonsense... a computer!
problem solved

One thing I really like about using my phone or clip zip is the mobility and not having to take off the headphones every time I move away from my computer (which I do a lot). Minor point, I know. But once I get my ele dac and my laptop sounds much better, I'll get over that!

PS sorry for the OT posts. I'll behave now.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #1,607 of 3,271
Quote:
Mine are getting delivered tomorrow morning! After £44 worth of customs charges 
mad.gif

I have also bought an Fiio E6 to help with burn in and to give my iPhone a but more oomph

Personally i would have bought an E11, or better yet and E12 as they're about to be released.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #1,608 of 3,271
Quote:
Personally i would have bought an E11, or better yet and E12 as they're about to be released.

Definitely. An E6 will just deteriorate the sound in such an high-end phone... Anything south the E11 is money sent to the trash with phones like this. Even the E11 is not good enough. I would say E17 minimum, E12 better, JDSlabs C421 AD8620 ideal.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #1,609 of 3,271
Definitely. An E6 will just deteriorate the sound in such an high-end phone...

Have to agree there, you'd be much better off with something like this. :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

*exits shameless plug* :ph34r:

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,610 of 3,271
Have to agree there, you'd be much better off with something like this. :wink:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review
*exits shameless plug* :ph34r:

I hate head-fi. I just got the e11 and have been very happy with it. I then read your excellent write up and now I need that C&C BH instead. Head-fi is indeed heaven and hell lol!

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #1,612 of 3,271
My Phone is the Note 2, international not the S3, it sounds good, but I dac/amp it with the Apex Galcier., meaning I use the Glacier as a dac and amp, leaving the Samsung to only do the playing and everything else id one in the external dac.
For that I can spend two days from full till zero with normal use!! and with 15-17 hours of play time!  non LTE version.
Please check the review :

Supersharp: Apex Glacier

is truly a music making device.

Headfonia review!!!

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #1,614 of 3,271
Quote:
Am I really going to notice a difference in quality over the E6? I've got to dual amp anyway so was going to look into getting a proper DAP when I have some more funds again

Yes, like the guys say an E6 is liable to make it worse, the suggestion of the c&c looks good, certainly seems to be the best i think they're £56 on ebay.

Take it your phones haven't arrived yet?

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #1,617 of 3,271
Aw, man, I was going to wait on some decent IEMs that could serve as on-stage monitors like the Aurisonics ASG-2 or wait for more people to comment on the EarSonics SM64... Even waiting on other releases, but these JVCs are just too tempting. Tenso doesn't ship here either, so I'm going to try enlist the help of a friend in Japan.

As if I don't have enough expensive hobbies, man. I want a new guitar, I want new stomp boxes, I want new computers, I want a new phone, I want new earphones, I want a better dac, I want a headphone amplifier. MoarmoarMOAR!

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #1,619 of 3,271
5 days saying inbound to customs.. should i be worried? damn i need my fxz200s

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,620 of 3,271
whew, I'm glad I spent my fxz money on something else (I also have just as expensive knife hobby). Now I simply DON'T CARE about these anymore. Don't get me wrong - I'd gladly have both, but right now, I just can't... I'm gonna wait till my XB90EX break down (it will take some years I guess) and by that time, JVC will have even better one with removable cables. maybe something like quad dynamic? :D The Only Audio related product I'm gonna get till then is a replacement for my sansa clip+. it is clear and all, but doesn't have the energy to bring out everything in xb90ex, so maybe the soon to be released Fiio x3? who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back