JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #1,081 of 3,271
Quote:
Worse here, anything over £18 plus 20% tax plus shipping and handling fee on top.

Works out around £22 plus vat, hopefully they'll be that swamped i'll get away without being stung, ems has been good in the past.

But it's parcelforce im not so sure about.

Parcelforce?  Seems like you need a little bit of this on your side:

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,084 of 3,271
Quote:
Just curious.
Anyone in possession of either the fxz100 or 200 care to compare the bass/subbass levels to the fx40 or mh1c?

I just own the FXZ100 of the two new JVCs, but also the fx40 and MH1C. I will keep it short and sweet: there is no comparison really. The Z100's bass and sub-bass is deeper by quite a bit, yet more controlled and well textured. The guys aren't exaggerating when they say you really haven't heard a bass like this in a universal IEM before. There's a power in the bass that's like non-other I've heard.

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #1,085 of 3,271
Quote:

I just own the FXZ100 of the two new JVCs, but also the fx40 and MH1C. I will keep it short and sweet: there is no comparison really. The Z100's bass and sub-bass is deeper by quite a bit, yet more controlled and well textured. The guys aren't exaggerating when they say you really haven't heard a bass like this in a universal IEM before. There's a power in the bass that's like non-other I've heard.

Salivating...

Eric, I'm wondering what is the difference from the FXD80 to the FXZ100... Is it a BIG difference?

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,086 of 3,271
Quote:

Even vs the ASG-1.2?!

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #1,087 of 3,271
Quote:

Holy wow.
is it greater than the mh1c in quantity? cuz I'd rather it not be like that.
Somewhere close to fx40 level is preferable. I wouldn't even mind if it's somewhere between the fx40 and mh1c.
Again, I'm speaking in terms of QUANTITY.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #1,088 of 3,271
Quote:

Even vs the ASG-1.2?!

Yes, I love the ASG-1.2, but I would have to say this bass is better textured and deeper than the ASG-1.2 (especially the sub-bass). Is the entire sound better than the ASG-1.2? They have totally different sound signatures, and are almost tied as far as my listening enjoyment, but as you can see from my sound signature rankings at the bottom, the FXZ100 comes out on top for me. Now I haven't heard the new ASG-2 (with new driver) and all, but from what I heard from the ASG-2/AS-2 demo, I can see that Aurisonics surpassing the FXZ100 in sound quality, but I don't know for certain. Then again, when we get to this level everything is semantics. The Aurisonics are professional in-ear stage monitors, whereas the JVCs are technically brilliant earphones (with a more fun sound). 

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #1,089 of 3,271
Quote:
Holy wow.
is it greater than the mh1c in quantity? cuz I'd rather it not be like that.
Somewhere close to fx40 level is preferable. I wouldn't even mind if it's somewhere between the fx40 and mh1c.
Again, I'm speaking in terms of QUANTITY.

More sub-bass in quantity, yes, but the sound is pretty balanced in the FXZ100, so it doesn't really overwhelm the rest of the sound spectrum. Look, as Dsnuts, Dannybai, vienbo and others have been saying, these are BASS-FOCUSED earphones. If you don't like deep quality bass (in quantity too), these may not be the earphones for you. Now, the FXZ100 integrates all of this bass with the rest of the sound spectrum like I've never heard before so that it doesn't seem to overrun the mids and highs. But don't be mistaken, it's like listening to a home stereo system with a sub-woofer conncected. If you don't like the sound of a high-end sub-woofer connected to your audiophile stereo system, then these earphones aren't for you. I wouldn't say the FXZ100's bass is googobs more than the fx40 and MH1C, but it is more. Sounds like the FXZ200, however, might be googobs more than the fx40 and MH1C.

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #1,091 of 3,271
Sorry to ask this but I only read the first page. How much are these and are they available in US? I'm at the airport on my tablet, I wanted to make a post so I can come back to this thread.

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #1,092 of 3,271
Quote:
Sorry to ask this but I only read the first page. How much are these and are they available in US? I'm at the airport on my tablet, I wanted to make a post so I can come back to this thread.

they are only available in japan and hong kong right now, so not in US
they have some on ebay, and amazon, through japanese companies who import them- but these are more expensive
what people have been doing is buying them through rakuten/ amazon japan, then using forwarding service tenso to deliver them international

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #1,093 of 3,271
Quote:
Sounds like I will not be purchasing either one of these if it has more bass quantity than the mh1c. That earphone has fatiguing levels of bass.

I may not be for you, shotgunshane. The FXZ100 is not fatiguing to me at all. It actually sounds more like a headphone in my ears than a earphone. But I sit here and try to describe the sound all day, but truth is until you hear the earphone yourself you can't get a true sense of the wonderful technology JVC has come up with. This bass, while more in quantity, is not your typical overly-bloated boomy bass. It's not like "boom boom boom" and then there is the mids and highs. The bass is somehow integrated smoothly with the rest of the sound spectrum. But if you like neutral sounding or bass-lite earphones, these are not for you. If you can stand the bass of the Aurisonics, you can stand the bass of the FXZ100 (I can't comment on the FXZ200 as I haven't heard it yet). If you can stand the quantity of bass of the 1964-Q, you can get along with the FXZ100's bass. Now, the Sony XB90 had too much bass for me, and I would say that the FXZ100's bass is not on the level in quantity, but surpasses that Sony in quality. From what I'm read, the FXZ200's bass may be on the same level in quantity as the XB90, but I'm still interested in hearing the 200s as it seems that bass is better integrated with the other frequencies than the XB90 is.

But this may not be everyone's cup of tea. For example, I recognized the superior technical capabilities of the Sony EX1000, but I could not get along with it because of it harsh piercing highs. Some members who I know have similar taste as I in IEMs part ways when it comes to the EX1000. So yes, this JVC has serious bass, yet it's bass like you never heard before, especially in how it's integrated into the whole sound. You don't like quantity and quality bass (or aren't a basshead), look elsewhere.  But if you could love, for example, the IE8's bass (but wished for a far superior bass), this JVC would be for you. And this earphone doesn't sound anything like the FXT90 (which is mostly mid-bass) with extra sub-bass. It is uniquely tuned and set apart from the other JVC IEMs.

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #1,094 of 3,271
Quote:
Sounds like I will not be purchasing either one of these if it has more bass quantity than the mh1c. That earphone has fatiguing levels of bass.

tongue.gif

Oh man, I can't wait. lol.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #1,095 of 3,271
Quote:

More sub-bass in quantity, yes, but the sound is pretty balanced in the FXZ100, so it doesn't really overwhelm the rest of the sound spectrum. Look, as Dsnuts, Dannybai, vienbo and others have been saying, these are BASS-FOCUSED earphones. If you don't like deep quality bass (in quantity too), these may not be the earphones for you. Now, the FXZ100 integrates all of this bass with the rest of the sound spectrum like I've never heard before so that it doesn't seem to overrun the mids and highs. But don't be mistaken, it's like listening to a home stereo system with a sub-woofer conncected. If you don't like the sound of a high-end sub-woofer connected to your audiophile stereo system, then these earphones aren't for you. I wouldn't say the FXZ100's bass is googobs more than the fx40 and MH1C, but it is more. Sounds like the FXZ200, however, might be googobs more than the fx40 and MH1C.

Quote:

I may not be for you, shotgunshane. The FXZ100 is not fatiguing to me at all. It actually sounds more like a headphone in my ears than a earphone. But I sit here and try to describe the sound all day, but truth is until you hear the earphone yourself you can't get a true sense of the wonderful technology JVC has come up with. This bass, while more in quantity, is not your typical overly-bloated boomy bass. It's not like "boom boom boom" and then there is the mids and highs. The bass is somehow integrated smoothly with the rest of the sound spectrum. But if you like neutral sounding or bass-lite earphones, these are not for you. If you can stand the bass of the Aurisonics, you can stand the bass of the FXZ100 (I can't comment on the FXZ200 as I haven't heard it yet). If you can stand the quantity of bass of the 1964-Q, you can get along with the FXZ100's bass. Now, the Sony XB90 had too much bass for me, and I would say that the FXZ100's bass is not on the level in quantity, but surpasses that Sony in quality. From what I'm read, the FXZ200's bass may be on the same level in quantity as the XB90, but I'm still interested in hearing the 200s as it seems that bass is better integrated with the other frequencies than the XB90 is.

But this may not be everyone's cup of tea. For example, I recognized the superior technical capabilities of the Sony EX1000, but I could not get along with it because of it harsh piercing highs. Some members who I know have similar taste as I in IEMs part ways when it comes to the EX1000. So yes, this JVC has serious bass, yet it's bass like you never heard before, especially in how it's integrated into the whole sound. You don't like quantity and quality bass (or aren't a basshead), look elsewhere.  But if you could love, for example, the IE8's bass (but wished for a far superior bass), this JVC would be for you. And this earphone doesn't sound anything like the FXT90 (which is mostly mid-bass) with extra sub-bass. It is uniquely tuned and set apart from the other JVC IEMs.

Holy heavens!
I have to get them then.
As soon as the funds are available, I will be making a purchase.
I didn't want an iem with more subbass than the mh1c BUT. These descriptions make them sound too unique in presentation not to try them at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back