JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #961 of 3,271
Quote:
Did you do your own impressions or did you go to an audiologist? 
There isn't an audiologist here in my town.  

I went to an audiologist, but the molds broke after the second set of custom tips were make, and Dale said they were brittle when he got them.....$30 wasted.  I think you can get a DIY kit free from Aurisonics when you order!  I would go that route next time, they provide instructions!  Molds would not have to be as precise as if you were getting custion IEM's!  Depends on how you are with following detailed instructions!  I have watched videos on YouTube as well, just Google what you need!

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #962 of 3,271
Sounds pretty good don't you think there cute.? I likes this sound..

So I like checking out how a bassy iem does for movies. Lol. Awesome don't describe this on a blueray.. I used to say personal THX for in ears with great movie ability but I have to say. This is an experience you guys have to try out for yourselves. Check out that sub performance it is amazing..

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #963 of 3,271
Quote:
Sounds pretty good don't you think there cute.? I likes this sound..

So I like checking out how a bassy iem does for movies. Lol. Awesome don't describe this on a blueray.. I used to say personal THX for in ears with great movie ability but I have to say. This is an experience you guys have to try out for yourselves. Check out that sub performance it is amazing..

With this amount of bass, that may be their best use......similar bass quantity as FXD80/S500 initially were....EQ helps right now!  Mine are on burn in duty for the next 200hrs!  That was kind of the threshold were the S500 started to improve, but they took more than 400hrs to get to their best level!

I don't expect them to be 10X better than my S500, but after burn in they will have to much better than the stock sound.....or

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #965 of 3,271
C'mon chaps, some more 100 vs 200 comparisons please. And more vs GR07, re-262, fxd80!

Without wanting to appear demanding of course... :wink:

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #967 of 3,271
Your most aggressive fast beat driven drum and bass tracks played roughly 75%-85% max volume..Beat up on them drivers. Colored sweeps if you feel inclined but I just use drum n bass. Works like magic. This method has opened up every single can and earphone I own including some really stiff 40mm Carbon Nanotube drivers in the HA-S500...Carbon nanotube if you don't know is approximately 10X stronger than steel. I am certain the carbon mid and sub is also stiff.. Work em out and they will reward.

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #968 of 3,271
Quote:
Your most aggressive fast beat driven drum and bass tracks played roughly 75%-85% max volume..Beat up on them drivers. Colored sweeps if you feel inclined but I just use drum n bass. Works like magic. This method has opened up every single can and earphone I own including some really stiff 40mm Carbon Nanotube drivers in the HA-S500

+1

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #969 of 3,271
So does anyone have the M-100s as well as FXZ200? I've been burning in my M-100s and after two nights and on off regular use since getting them, I'd say approx 30 hours of burn in over 3 days, and they've opened right up. I'm using the paper towel mod which brings the bass back a bit and I feel compliments the lower mids much better. Bass detail is on the rediculous side of great as well as the lower highs being present and also super detailed.

But they're definitely genre specific. I just tested as bunch of metal, albeit not very extreme metal, I noticed that guitars are withdrawn in songs that had vocals. But instrumental bands had better guitar presence..The other thing I like about these is that the sub bass is just right for the bands I listen to, no more than needed, no less.

Does the sub push more bass than is really needed in the FXZ200? Or does it behave itself when it's not necessary?

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #971 of 3,271
Quote:
So does anyone have the M-100s as well as FXZ200? I've been burning in my M-100s and after two nights and on off regular use since getting them, I'd say approx 30 hours of burn in over 3 days, and they've opened right up. I'm using the paper towel mod which brings the bass back a bit and I feel compliments the lower mids much better. Bass detail is on the rediculous side of great as well as the lower highs being present and also super detailed.

But they're definitely genre specific. I just tested as bunch of metal, albeit not very extreme metal, I noticed that guitars are withdrawn in songs that had vocals. But instrumental bands had better guitar presence..The other thing I like about these is that the sub bass is just right for the bands I listen to, no more than needed, no less.

Does the sub push more bass than is really needed in the FXZ200? Or does it behave itself when it's not necessary?

You're not allowed to get the FXZ200 if you have the M-100's. The only way you can be admitted to the club is via the JVC S500. Sorry!

Just kidding (and being silly) of course. Tis the season! 
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #972 of 3,271
I was gonna get one :frowning2: I decided to save and wait. Although form all these rave reviews I think I'm gonna have to get myself (and my girlfriend) a set. 

Aside from that, I'm ready to join the FXZ200 club 

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #973 of 3,271
Quote:
I was gonna get one :frowning2: I decided to save and wait. Although form all these rave reviews I think I'm gonna have to get myself (and my girlfriend) a set. 

Aside from that, I'm ready to join the FXZ200 club 

The S500 is ridiculously good (not only awesome for music, but also awesome for watching TV and movies etc).

Anyway, I'll consider getting the fxz200 if you get the s500. How's that for a deal?

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #974 of 3,271
Quote:

I went to an audiologist, but the molds broke after the second set of custom tips were make, and Dale said they were brittle when he got them.....$30 wasted.  I think you can get a DIY kit free from Aurisonics when you order!  I would go that route next time, they provide instructions!  Molds would not have to be as precise as if you were getting custion IEM's!  Depends on how you are with following detailed instructions!  I have watched videos on YouTube as well, just Google what you need!

Ya my only choice would be the free DIY kit.  Hopefully I can do it correctly. This makes me a little nervous.  

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #975 of 3,271
Quote:

Just buy via amazon.jp, go to you tenso account and see how to introduce shipping adress (Tenso's) on amazon.jp. It's all there and thats it ; )

I have cancelled my last week's order. Have purchased them today again and they were shipped to Tenso already. Should be there by Tuesday. Would be so cool if I could get them by Friday :D

I'm just a bit affraid of customs
confused_face.gif

When I was checking with the customs to see if they will charge me, they were surprised that JVC is still doing "Stufff", as JVC has been dead for years,here!

I think they felt sorry for me...
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back