JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Feb 28, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #3,211 of 3,271
Hello im interested in these FXZ200, but im just wondering how they work without a poratble amp and I also heard that at high volume without a amp these may distort, is that true? And how is the durabilty of the FXZ200? And whats the difference between the FXZ100 & FXZ200?

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #3,212 of 3,271
Hello im interested in these FXZ200, but im just wondering how they work without a poratble amp and I also heard that at high volume without a amp these may distort, is that true? And how is the durabilty of the FXZ200? And whats the difference between the FXZ100 & FXZ200?

I`ve only ever used them from small, unampbed sources:  1st gen iPod Shuffles and a couple of Sansa Clip+.   I`ve never heard `distortion` from them, and I guess sometimes I turn the volume pretty high. 

If you go back a few posts I rave about their durability.  These are IEMs that I truly abuse, and have for years. 

100 vs 200 is a mystery to me:  color, price and exactly one extra herz of low frequency and one extra gram of weight are the only differences.  The extra gram of weight is interesting, actually.  

Tech babble in English here

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #3,213 of 3,271
I`ve only ever used them from small, unampbed sources:  1st gen iPod Shuffles and a couple of Sansa Clip+.   I`ve never heard `distortion` from them, and I guess sometimes I turn the volume pretty high. 

If you go back a few posts I rave about their durability.  These are IEMs that I truly abuse, and have for years. 

100 vs 200 is a mystery to me:  color, price and exactly one extra herz of low frequency and one extra gram of weight are the only differences.  The extra gram of weight is interesting, actually.  

Tech babble in English here
. Ok 100% getting them, now would you recommend any different ear tips that I should purchase seperately? And how do these perform with EDM?

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #3,214 of 3,271

1] With a portable amp that can deliver more power, they'll sound even better. They'll otherwise sound okay without one on your computer or something. It's not really a biggie. 

2] With more power, you might get driver rattle when the driver tries to produce strong lows. This is something I noticed, but only on one particular song. It never did that on any other song, and I don't know if it was just my pair. 

3] Generally durable, but you still have to be careful with your stuff. I gave mine to my brother, and he broke the jack part [metal] within days while using it with his iPad.
rolleyes.gif

4] FXZ100 supposedly has a less powerful bass sound. I opted for the 200. I never used the 100.

5] JVC's spiral dot tips got rave reviews, but those aren't sold with these phones. You can find them on eBay or Amazon or someone here willing to part with them, maybe. I personally never bothered with them, cause felt they should have included them in the first place if they can make that kind of difference in the sound.

These are apparently only reserved for the top tiers: 850 and 1100.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #3,215 of 3,271
As I love my FXT90, I'm interested with the FXZ200. It has been my main attention since it first release, but in short amount of time another successors, FXT100/200, came out too! Maybe I'd should rather get both the Z200 and T100 :). Btw, the T100/200 is supplied with the spiral dots tips, so I assume the JVC's start putting the new tips on their new models.

Mar 1, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #3,216 of 3,271
As I love my FXT90, I'm interested with the FXZ200. It has been my main attention since it first release, but in short amount of time another successors, FXT100/200, came out too! Maybe I'd should rather get both the Z200 and T100 :). Btw, the T100/200 is supplied with the spiral dots tips, so I assume the JVC's start putting the new tips on their new models.

Haha, I'd love to get both too, but my funds simply won't allow that.

Can someone here comment on the differences between the FXZs and the new FXTs?

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #3,217 of 3,271
Haha, I'd love to get both too, but my funds simply won't allow that.

Can someone here comment on the differences between the FXZs and the new FXTs?

Apparently the new FXT's have an improved soundstage. Don't know about the bass though.
www.head-fi.org/t/739418/jvc-ha-fxt100-ha-fxt200-ha-fxt200-ltd-hi-speed/75#post_11328171

But it does show JVC is improving. I hope they're working on 200 successor.

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #3,218 of 3,271

Apparently the new FXT's have an improved soundstage. Don't know about the bass though.
www.head-fi.org/t/739418/jvc-ha-fxt100-ha-fxt200-ha-fxt200-ltd-hi-speed/75#post_11328171

It's still obscure but we wouldn't know until we tried it 
biggrin.gif
 Speaking of the bass and soundstage, they're stil unclear - to whom is it compared to? is it compared to its predecessor, FXT90, FXZ's, or in general? That author comparing it to beyerdynamic DT880 (a headphone) so such information cannot be accurate.

Mar 1, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #3,219 of 3,271

That's guys impressions are... interesting. I definitely feel like we take a different approach to describing the sound of an earphone. 

Anyone know where I can find some measurement charts on the FXT90/100/200 and the FXZ100/200?

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #3,220 of 3,271
. Ok 100% getting them, now would you recommend any different ear tips that I should purchase seperately? And how do these perform with EDM?

JVC Spiral dots are good and come in 5 sizes, but by far the best tips for me are the Spinfits.  If you go back to my pic above of my 200s, you can see them.  They have a flexible joint that allows the tip to rotate around the axis of the nozzle, conforming to the ear canal without collapsing and blocking the sound waves.  It`s pure genius: the best fit, best seal, best sound.  I don`t use anything else....  

If anyone is looking for hard-to-find tips, I can provide Spinfits and Spiraldots, Ortofons, Ostry tips, whatever.  PM me if you`re interested.

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #3,221 of 3,271
Hey, any of you guys up for a new FXT200 LTD?  I just put one up in the F.S. section . . .   

Apr 6, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #3,224 of 3,271
Guys! Can you please comment on the vocals and timber of FXZ200?
I'd like to know if it is lush and detailed, like the mids of Heaven IV (which i really love). I own the FXT90s and i know the vocals are nowhere near as lush as i like them to be.

Also, those who have heard it, can you please say a few words on the timber of these compared to FX750/850?
I'm stuck between these and FXT200s, and good peek at the mids and timber would help me decide.

If you are sure I won't be happy with either of these, I would go for the FX750s (which would burn a big hole in my pockets).
Basically I want a heaven IV upgrade for around 15k Yen. The V's are a little too pricey for me.

Please chime in, guys!

May 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3,225 of 3,271
Guys! Can you please comment on the vocals and timber of FXZ200?
I'd like to know if it is lush and detailed, like the mids of Heaven IV (which i really love). I own the FXT90s and i know the vocals are nowhere near as lush as i like them to be.

Also, those who have heard it, can you please say a few words on the timber of these compared to FX750/850?
I'm stuck between these and FXT200s, and good peek at the mids and timber would help me decide.

If you are sure I won't be happy with either of these, I would go for the FX750s (which would burn a big hole in my pockets).
Basically I want a heaven IV upgrade for around 15k Yen. The V's are a little too pricey for me.

Please chime in, guys!

I think FX750/850 has slightly more timbre judging from other people's impressions. But FXZ200 and 850 has a similar sound signature. Well, I think 850 is a bit brighter and better mids. But slightly less bass. FXZ200 is fairly bass heavy.
I never bought the FX850 because of isolation. Even though FXZ200 doesn't have the best isolation, it is still a closed end IEM. Bought the Audio Technica CKR10 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back