JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Sep 2, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #3,185 of 3,271
I have a pair of the 100's on loan atm.

I am not overly impressed. I'm not sure if JVC have heard of instrument separation before but I am either very spoilt with my Rhapsodio IEM's and offerings like R-50, Brainwavs B2 or there isn't any real instrument separation I can hear., or much soundstage either.. The bass however is 'nice', a little boomy though acceptable. I just find the mids lacking any real detail and everything sounds smeared, there's no oomph or bite to the mid range and it's over shadowed by the forward low end.

I am sorry, but separation and detail is very important to me, part of upgrading to higher IEM's is to stop everything feeling congested, the ability to pick out any instrument separately during busy tracks, I'm just not hearing any and need it there to continue taking in the earphone. I don't think I'll spend much more time with them. There's just no real detail guys and as I said pages back they sound 'to me' like a really safe mainstream signature with limitations. I was expecting more from JVC in this price range.

Even the member I loaned these from enjoys them, I'm just not able to accept them.

PS: I didn't come in here to start a war or make fans feel bad, I needed to say what I honestly felt. :)

How many hours have they done?

I do not know, but no amount is going to correct them to the point I would be happy.

Enjoy your JVC FXZ100 guys.

You have just confirmed my fears! Coming from several JVC in ears, I tend to find the upper mids and treble a bit harsh or unrefined on all of them.

I have read on this thread that they indeed do sound different than the fxt90, but now I have my doubts. I still wanna get the fxz200, but its just so hot and cold on this thread. Some say its a neutral-ish sound, others say bass monster, and others say its not impressive at all....

I would be happy if it just didn't have the same upper mids/treble as the fxt90.

Sep 2, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #3,186 of 3,271
You have just confirmed my fears! Coming from several JVC in ears, I tend to find the upper mids and treble a bit harsh or unrefined on all of them.

I have read on this thread that they indeed do sound different than the fxt90, but now I have my doubts. I still wanna get the fxz200, but its just so hot and cold on this thread. Some say its a neutral-ish sound, others say bass monster, and others say its not impressive at all....

I would be happy if it just didn't have the same upper mids/treble as the fxt90.

You're better off going for the fx850.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review#post_10330155

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #3,187 of 3,271

Hi, Ive just finished reading this thread (whew!) and it seems like the fxz200s have a sound sig I'll like. So will the fx 850s but since I'll be using iems at work, sound leakage is important to me as I'll be listening at fairly high volumes through my E18. The 850s seem like they'll suffer a little with leakage due to vents.

So my question is, given a good seal with the 200s, what is the sound leakage like?
I'll also mention that I like to wear ear down as Ill be taking them out and putting them back in again to talk to ppl frequently, so I don't like taking time to put them into my ear when wearing over ear.
Thanks

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #3,188 of 3,271
You should ask dsnuts directly. He has used both of these iems; I've used the 200s. 

I've since bought a Sony HBA-H3, which is better (By leaps and bounds). I wear those over-ear, and sound leakage is not something I worry about. 

I can only advise you to go get the 850s (Which some say is even better than the H3). The 200s don't have a wide soundscape or any remarkable positioning. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,189 of 3,271
Hi, Ive just finished reading this thread (whew!) and it seems like the fxz200s have a sound sig I'll like. So will the fx 850s but since I'll be using iems at work, sound leakage is important to me as I'll be listening at fairly high volumes through my E18. The 850s seem like they'll suffer a little with leakage due to vents.

So my question is, given a good seal with the 200s, what is the sound leakage like?
I'll also mention that I like to wear ear down as Ill be taking them out and putting them back in again to talk to ppl frequently, so I don't like taking time to put them into my ear when wearing over ear.
Thanks

sound leakage is not a issue for me. But I listen at around 40-50dB at quiet environments. You can start hearing sounds when you crank the volume to like around 75% on an ipod

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #3,190 of 3,271
Just sharing my experience.

After not using the fxz200 for weeks, ive decided to take it out and split my CLAS -db & RxMk3B+.and use the rx with my ak120 as source, so its ak120-> Rx -> fxz200.

Everything seems better. Details, separation, treble, bass quality. I still like how its easy to listen to and just chillin'.

I know i'm double amping, but to each his own. I like how this combo sounds. I guess i'm rediscovering someting new that i haven't heard before.

The only comparison iem i have are the re400 and ie800. This one is definitely warmer than those. I do tend to prefer these depending on mood. At least this delayed my upgraditis as ive been thinking of getting the re600 or a ciem w/c i havent identified yet.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,191 of 3,271
Is there an important difference between FXZ 100 and FXZ 200? For some reason, only the 100's are available where I live. 
confused_face.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #3,192 of 3,271
  Is there an important difference between FXZ 100 and FXZ 200? For some reason, only the 100's are available where I live. 
confused_face.gif

Users who had both said there's not as much difference. The bass on the 200s are slightly more extended and more in quantity. You can try buying on amazon.jp and forward it to where ever you live with tenso

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3,194 of 3,271
  Thank you for the reply Mini0510. 
normal_smile .gif

It seems absurd that the company make's two different models in the same price while there's a difference in their performance. 
confused_face.gif

THere is a difference in price, at least in japan and eBay. If you order from japan, FXZ200 should be worth it since it's only a bit more expensive than the FXZ100.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #3,195 of 3,271
Hey,

I`ve had the 200 for a couple of years now and always come back to them.  I love them.  After getting the se846 a year ago, they got relegated to running and gym, but I`ve recently rediscovered them and after a lot of A-Bing with the 846, I have to face the fact that I prefer the (1/6th price) JVC.  In fact, I`m selling the 846 to finance a closed over-ear.

Anyway, I have a question for any 200 owners, and maybe 100 owners if you can confirm that the cable is the same as the 200:  Has anyone reterminated the 200 with a balanced plug? I`m thinking about doing just that, for my AK120ii.  I just need to know if the cable is 4-wire, or do they share the ground ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been discussed somewhere previously . .  .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back