JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #3,121 of 3,271
Ok they're definitely defective... They start to sound almost normal on my iPhone 4 when I go to Accessibility and adjust the volume almost all the way to the left. Now the question is how do I return them? On Amazon Japan it says they'll accept the return until Jan. 24, if it's unopened.... anyone know if they'll take it if it's defective?

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #3,122 of 3,271
  Ok they're definitely defective... They start to sound almost normal on my iPhone 4 when I go to Accessibility and adjust the volume almost all the way to the left. Now the question is how do I return them? On Amazon Japan it says they'll accept the return until Jan. 24, if it's unopened.... anyone know if they'll take it if it's defective?

Funny, same thing has happened to my set. If I mess with the balance I can make them sound normal, but otherwise, they're botched. Does this indicate a wiring issue? I don't know much about this.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #3,123 of 3,271

Funny, same thing has happened to my set. If I mess with the balance I can make them sound normal, but otherwise, they're botched. Does this indicate a wiring issue? I don't know much about this.

Could be. I tried burning them in for a while at very high volume. It did not fix the problem, and when I listened to piano music, there was a strange rattling in the left one, so maybe the drivers themselves were defective and not the wire. The right one was still fine after the brief burn-in even though it was at even higher volume because it is working properly. Interestingly, I couldn't hear the rattling in music without piano.

Did yours arrive this way or did it happen after a while? Mine arrived this way and luckily Amazon Japan agreed to refund me, though I still lose money with all the shipping and have to send it with DHL.

I was thinking of maybe getting the FXZ100s instead but I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle and risk again. If anyone wants to recommend something in that range that's available in the US, I'm all ears.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3,124 of 3,271
  Could be. I tried burning them in for a while at very high volume. It did not fix the problem, and when I listened to piano music, there was a strange rattling in the left one, so maybe the drivers themselves were defective and not the wire. The right one was still fine after the brief burn-in even though it was at even higher volume because it is working properly. Interestingly, I couldn't hear the rattling in music without piano.

Did yours arrive this way or did it happen after a while? Mine arrived this way and luckily Amazon Japan agreed to refund me, though I still lose money with all the shipping and have to send it with DHL.

I was thinking of maybe getting the FXZ100s instead but I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle and risk again. If anyone wants to recommend something in that range that's available in the US, I'm all ears.

No, mine has taken 100 if not 200+ hours (couldn't accurately say) to reach this point. Not really sure what to do now. I guess I'll keep an ear out for any rattling.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #3,125 of 3,271

IE80 is close. Or GR07 bass edition

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #3,127 of 3,271
Hello. I bought these just 2-3 days ago. But left bass is stronger than right. Is that normal? If not normal, more burn in should balance them?

Can you try some different tips and be sure you're achieving a good tight seal? Bass is mostly pushed by air, so if one side isn't sealing to the canal correctly you will have an imbalance. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #3,128 of 3,271
Can you try some different tips and be sure you're achieving a good tight seal? Bass is mostly pushed by air, so if one side isn't sealing to the canal correctly you will have an imbalance. 

Thanks for the help. I replaced left and right. But pushed them upside down, so it fits L/R, bass seems normal now, What?

Put them normal, left is dominant again. Srsly.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,129 of 3,271
Thanks for the help. I replaced left and right. But pushed them upside down, so it fits L/R, bass seems normal now, What?

You're having a seal problem. Wear them normally then push them into your ears firmly, does the bass sound normal?

If so your tips aren't sealing air tight you must try some alternatives. You can buy alternative tips on eBay and have a play with the seal.  Some people have different size canals and need a larger tip on one ear so this maybe your problem. it going to take some trail and error from your behalf. More often than not when I buy an IEM  the stock tips provided are useless, they will not seal, so I have a lot of alternatives I can use. Once you have narrowed the problem down to a seal issue then go tip searching. If I remember rightly the tips that came on the JVC were very thin and flimsy.

Start looking here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4738.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xearphone+tips&_nkw=earphone+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It will make the world of difference and ease your mind.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #3,130 of 3,271
You're having a seal problem. Wear them normally then push them into your ears firmly, does the bass sound normal?

If so your tips aren't sealing air tight you must try some alternatives. You can buy alternative tips on eBay and have a play with the seal.  Some people have different size canals and need a larger tip on one ear so this maybe your problem. it going to take some trail and error from your behalf. More often than not when I buy an IEM  the stock tips provided are useless, they will not seal, so I have a lot of alternatives I can use. Once you have narrowed the problem down to a seal issue then go tip searching. If I remember rightly the tips that came on the JVC were very thin and flimsy.

Start looking here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4738.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xearphone+tips&_nkw=earphone+tips&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Thanks for the help. I have so many tips as well. And i putted Philips ones for more comfort. Though didnt felt a air , i will try more tips. And call a friend, to check the balance. So much thanks. I bought these headphones reading the comments this site :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,131 of 3,271

So much thanks to your help. I have so
Many tips as well. Im using philips' ones. I will try the other ones and original tips as well. Thanks for the help !

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #3,132 of 3,271

Its not the seal, i am sure. I tried everything. Bass simply "wubs" at left, normal at right. I prefer the "wubbed" one , when i switch still they doesnt sound balanced. I really waited so much for these, freaking hell... Now i gotta send them back to japan and blabla.....

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #3,134 of 3,271
Gah, I don't understand it. These sound good when I balance (10% on Rockbox) the quiet side with the working side. Any tips? I have no cable experience, but would this explain what I am experiencing? My left IEM is quieter than the right side.

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #3,135 of 3,271
  Gah, I don't understand it. These sound good when I balance (10% on Rockbox) the quiet side with the working side. Any tips? I have no cable experience, but would this explain what I am experiencing? My left IEM is quieter than the right side.

I am having the same issue... But i have left as more powerful. I contacted my seller and he offers me full refund. Nothing i can do... If you find a fix today i might not send them back, good luck 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back