JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Feb 4, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,136 of 3,271
  Gah, I don't understand it. These sound good when I balance (10% on Rockbox) the quiet side with the working side. Any tips? I have no cable experience, but would this explain what I am experiencing? My left IEM is quieter than the right side.

I have been following this thread from the beginning.  The reports of uneven volume are coming from recent posts only.

Have you tried switching sides to see if your hearing is better on one ear over the other one and you have known about it?  Sometimes there is earwax that people are not aware that is partially blocking the ear passage.

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,137 of 3,271
  I have been following this thread from the beginning.  The reports of uneven volume are coming from recent posts only.

Have you tried switching sides to see if your hearing is better on one ear over the other one and you have known about it?  Sometimes there is earwax that people are not aware that is partially blocking the ear passage.

No, that is not the case at all, sorry. Thanks for the input though. I bought these over a year ago from Japan.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #3,138 of 3,271
I had some 200's almost exactly year ago. Sold them due to the fit and what i thought was too much bass. Or maybe a sound that was too thick.

Just bought a set of 100's. Interested to see if i like the sound a year later and how they will differ from the 200's (if my memory doesn't fail me too much). If they are a little airier i think i'll be happy. One thing is for sure, the bass was otherworldly, and i do miss it.

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,140 of 3,271
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #3,141 of 3,271

The FXZ need a lot of burn in before the sound cleans up.

A LOT!

I kind of agree with that assessment as well, but I do find it through out the whole process, as I listen to it, it is still pretty pleasant on the ear.  I do need to turn down the bass boost for most of my EQ's on my computers/amps though...

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #3,142 of 3,271

I kind of agree with that assessment as well, but I do find it through out the whole process, as I listen to it, it is still pretty pleasant on the ear.  I do need to turn down the bass boost for most of my EQ's on my computers/amps though...

I mainly use my FXZ200's as a wax removal tool! Bass boost on and play some Datsik = no need to go to the ear doctor, not to remove ear wax anyways 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #3,144 of 3,271
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of the HA-FX100 earphones.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, reliable, and legitimate vendor that ships to the United States and has a decent return policy (30 days or something) in case of dissatisfaction?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #3,145 of 3,271
  Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of the HA-FX100 earphones.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, reliable, and legitimate vendor that ships to the United States and has a decent return policy (30 days or something) in case of dissatisfaction?

Thanks in advance!

Since this product comes from Japan, I don't think you would be able to return it if your dissatisfied -- only if it's defective.

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,146 of 3,271

Since this product comes from Japan, I don't think you would be able to return it if your dissatisfied -- only if it's defective.

Oh, I didn't know it was only sold from Japanese vendors.

It's unfortunate that I wouldn't be able to return if dissatisfied.

I can't seem to find a pair of IEMs that I really like lately, and I seem to be quite sensitive to certain peaks these days.  It's been frustrating.  The reason I was interested in the the HA-FXZ100's is because I really loved most aspects of the HA-FXT90's: clarity, speed, detail, imaging, dynamics, airiness, and naturalness (in terms of timbre and realism/three-dimensionality).  The FXT90's bested every other IEM that I've tried in those areas.  But I want something with a little more bass presence (it always seemed to me that there was some missing information in the bass region of the HA-FXT90's) and a little less aggressiveness in the upper mids/lower treble region than the HA-FXT90's.

If the HA-FXZ100's sound like the HA-FXT90's but with a bit more bass and a bit less aggressive in the upper mids/lower treble region, they might be the solution that I've been searching for after several years of going through different IEMs.  But I want to be able to try them first, since I haven't had much luck with others (and I can't afford to keep accumulating IEMs).

What is a good and legitimate place from which to purchase them, regardless?

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,147 of 3,271

Oh, I didn't know it was only sold from Japanese vendors.

It's unfortunate that I wouldn't be able to return if dissatisfied.

I can't seem to find a pair of IEMs that I really like lately, and I seem to be quite sensitive to certain peaks these days.  It's been frustrating.  The reason I was interested in the the HA-FXZ100's is because I really loved most aspects of the HA-FXT90's: clarity, speed, detail, imaging, dynamics, airiness, and naturalness (in terms of timbre and realism/three-dimensionality).  The FXT90's bested every other IEM that I've tried in those areas.  But I want something with a little more bass presence (it always seemed to me that there was some missing information in the bass region of the HA-FXT90's) and a little less aggressiveness in the upper mids/lower treble region than the HA-FXT90's.

If the HA-FXZ100's sound like the HA-FXT90's but with a bit more bass and a bit less aggressive in the upper mids/lower treble region, they might be the solution that I've been searching for after several years of going through different IEMs.  But I want to be able to try them first, since I haven't had much luck with others (and I can't afford to keep accumulating IEMs).

What is a good and legitimate place from which to purchase them, regardless?

That is exactly what I was looking for after I lost my FXT90s. I have no idea about the 100s, but I did order a pair of 200s with a defective left side. I could still make out the not-burned in sound-signature and it seemed really good but too thick and really exaggerated bass. The best way to get these is to register with Tenso.com and then order them from amazon.co.jp and have them forwarded to you by Tenso. If you search this thread you'll find the info about it. It's very easy and fast and reliable.

I spent a while looking on these threads for pretty much the same thing you're describing, except I didn't mind the aggressive highs. I ended up getting the Audio-Technica IM70. My personal advice would be not to get those... they don't really have the qualities you described of the FXT90 and they have too much bass (I was looking for more bass then FXT90 but this is too much). Again, I have no idea of the FXZ100, but they might do it for you.

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3,148 of 3,271
How is the fit and comfort on the HA-FXZ100's?  They look really big, so I'm wondering how comfortable they are.  I have a chance to get a pair, and I'd like to find out about the fit and comfort before making a final decision.

delmonte: Yeah, it is my understanding from reading this thread and elsewhere that the FXZ100's aren't as bass-heavy as the FXZ200's.  That they are more balanced.  I just want something with the same qualities as the FXT90's but with a slightly different sound signature: a little more bass and a little less aggressiveness in the upper mids/lower treble region (i.e., a bit more bass presence and a bit smoother up top).

Also, thanks for the tip about Tenso.  I will check that out in the future.

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,150 of 3,271
  How is the fit and comfort on the HA-FXZ100's?  They look really big, so I'm wondering how comfortable they are.  I have a chance to get a pair, and I'd like to find out about the fit and comfort before making a final decision.

delmonte: Yeah, it is my understanding from reading this thread and elsewhere that the FXZ100's aren't as bass-heavy as the FXZ200's.  That they are more balanced.  I just want something with the same qualities as the FXT90's but with a slightly different sound signature: a little more bass and a little less aggressiveness in the upper mids/lower treble region (i.e., a bit more bass presence and a bit smoother up top).

Also, thanks for the tip about Tenso.  I will check that out in the future.

I rotate through my IEMs continuously and the past 2 weeks I have rotated back to the HA-FXZ200.  The comfort is alright, I have comply forms on them, so they feels much better then the silicon ones that came with the IEM.  In general, sound wise, I think it's pretty good subjectively due to the fact I like my music a little heavier on bass; even on classical, I love listening to those Cello and drums.  They do feel a little heavy at times, especially when you have one of them out of the ear, so make sure you use the clip that comes with it.  In general, it's pretty good as long as you like the bass but not the brute force kind like Sony's XB lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back