JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,711 of 3,271
Quote:
To give a sense of my sensitivity to treble, I actually find the S500s have unbearable sibilance at times. I even reduce the treble to listen comfortably.

Fwiw, I had the same issue with the S500's at first. Nothing 500 hours of burn in couldn't take care of though!

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,713 of 3,271
Quote:

LOL!!! :p

Lol! It was probably more like 200 when I noticed them becoming more balanced (I just left them burning in straight for over a week). And they have seemed to continue improving even more with age
smile.gif
'

So miow, have you yet divulged what your new end-all headphones are?

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,714 of 3,271
Fwiw, I had the same issue with the S500's at first. Nothing 500 hours of burn in couldn't take care of though!

I don't know what point I've reached with burn-in, but it's a decent amount of time. Not 500 hours, though. Strangely, today I'm finding I want to tear the S500 off of my head as I listen to them because it seems like the sibilance is worse than ever :frowning2:. I've even taped foam under the earpads to make it bearable.

This current issue is the reason for my knee-jerk response to sibilance even being mentioned here :xf_eek:.

EDIT: I just tossed them back into the burn-in bin to think about what they've done to my ears today. I'll take them out after a few days and see if they're better behaved.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,716 of 3,271
Quote:
I don't know what point I've reached with burn-in, but it's a decent amount of time. Not 500 hours, though. Strangely, today I'm finding I want to tear the S500 off of my head as I listen to them because it seems like the sibilance is worse than ever
frown.gif
. I've even taped foam under the earpads to make it bearable.
This current issue is the reason for my knee-jerk response to sibilance even being mentioned here
redface.gif
EDIT: I just tossed them back into the burn-in bin to think about what they've done to my ears today. I'll take them out after a few days and see if they're better behaved.

Hmm. The ath pleathers will definitely tone down the treble a bit. But I think you were trying out lots of different pads as well. Maybe it's your ele dac? At any rate, I hope it tones down for you with further burn in.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,717 of 3,271
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,719 of 3,271
Quote:

Heavily Modded/Fine Tuned by myself RELOOP RHP-10 w/ pure copper cable
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631701/reloop-rhp-10-anyone-have-experience-with-these#post_9029425

That's cool. Just pain cool
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,720 of 3,271
Quote:
Thats a fit issue.

Quote:
Oh, woah. I see sibilance being mentioned and I'm all cold feet now. I'm especially sensitive to sibilance, so if these are considered harsh in any way I'm going to have to pass. Does burn-in clear up sibilance? And I mean clear it up completely. I don't want to deal with trying to force myself to get over sibilance again. It's just not possible for these ears of mine.

Yeah totally agree, I am still experimenting with tips as at the moment it fits in extremely shallow, I do hear sibilance every now and then but sometimes I also experience some upper-mid shrill, so yes it would be a fit issue and I will see if I can find a longer tips so I can push it in deeper.

Does not effect the bass though, I am loving this thing more and more every day, I so want to pull the trigger on the 200 as well but I keep telling myself to wait for a month or two before doing that.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,722 of 3,271
With the upgrades that I have done to my JVC HA-S500's, and the satisfaction that they give me........I have decided to sell my JVC FXZ200, just don't need IEM's, listening to my home gears 95% of the time.  They have around 100hrs on them......if interested send me a PM before I go to the for sale forum, not looking to make money, just the cost of what I paid from amazon.jp and $6.00 Priority Mail!

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,723 of 3,271
I cant get a good fit with the stock tips. Any suggestions what tips work for these? They sort of hurt my ears ;(

I do love the bass this thing puts out

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,724 of 3,271
Quote:
With the upgrades that I have done to my JVC HA-S500's, and the satisfaction that they give me........I have decided to sell my JVC FXZ200, just don't need IEM's, listening to my home gears 95% of the time.  They have around 100hrs on them......if interested send me a PM before I go to the for sale forum, not looking to make money, just the cost of what I paid from amazon.jp and $6.00 Priority Mail!

hmmmmm didn't i predict this somewhere. LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back