JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Apr 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #226 of 274
Quote:
Hi FX700 owners, can anyone comment on fx700 vs hd650?  I know they are totally different, I just want some info about how they compare on the relative amount of bass, mid, and high in the whole spectrum.  Thanks~~

Hey Darksair. FX700 can sound really HUGE on par with old top leaders in full size monitors field. Just take good DAP and connect good amp to its line out. Teclast t51 + Quickstep, in my case, make FX700 sound huge. This pair of dynamic IEM - only one i found for 3 years that can sound as full size monitors. I've had HD600, HD650 and Koss/R200.
FX700 is the first IEM in my memory that foolish your mind after 15 minutes of listening. You can't locate source of sound. It's like someone have extracted your mind and put it to ocean of sound, and no barriers between.
Please pardon my bad English :)

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #227 of 274
Quote:
 Funny how so many people say the fx 700 has horrible isolation. it really depend on your ear size. it has very basic round tips- if your ears are exactly that size (or better slightly smaller) they will provide great isolation, if not  not.   Also who would want good isolation with them   the bass sounds horrible isolated-  way to much    a looser fit sounds much better.

Yeah i really don't know what all these people talking about. Isolation is good. I can't even hear my phone laying in the distance of 40 cantimeters from me on the table when listening FX700. It's like: "Uhhh, someone has called me 5 f$$ing times, and all this time i was here".

Apr 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #228 of 274
Quote:

"FX700: the KING of DYNAMIC UNIVERSALS".
i believe, this title belonged to the Sennheiser IE8 before. 

I am chosing among the two, and I like the FX700 slightly more. However, the IE8 has a removable cable, which can be significantly upgraded. Do you think a proper cable could let IE8 jump back to the throne? :)

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #231 of 274
The highs are more prominent, the mids are more recessed, and the bass emphasis is lower on the FX700 than with the Audeze, which has more of a mid-bass emphasis. Both are fantastic!

May 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #236 of 274
Quote:
Thank you, pinoyman!
Here, in head-fi I've read opinions that the fx700 is the closest among universal IEMs to Audeze LCD-2 in terms of sound signature. Would you agree to that?

from memory, i can only remember the lcd2 is closest to the iem i had, the re262.
its dark, a little laid back and more on mids and bass.

however, i would still prefer the fx700 due to its clarity, the v shape sig, the timbre, natural sound of instruments.
what i dont like in the fx700 is the vocals, they are behind the instruments/sound.

May 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #237 of 274
I have not heard the rev2, but to me the FX700 sounds much more like a D7000 than an LCD2 rev1.

May 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #238 of 274
Guys, I've been the owner of a FX700 for about three weeks now..

I've got some problems though:

1 - I feel like the left side is a tad louder than the right one. Is it possible? The left side is a bit bassier too. I've tried swipping sides, so that the right side would be on my left year, and the difference persisted. Am I crazy or is it possible?

2 - How fragile are these? The cable feels a kind of cheap to me. Since it's not removable, I'm very afraid of walking around with these in my pocket.

3 - In my opinion, the highs are a bit harsh, listening to some songs (think Iron Man and Paranoid by Black Sabbath and Velvet Underground in general) is a bit hurtful. Do you guys feel that way too?

Thanks very much for your input!

May 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #239 of 274
Quote:
Guys, I've been the owner of a FX700 for about three weeks now..

I've got some problems though:

1 - I feel like the left side is a tad louder than the right one. Is it possible? The left side is a bit bassier too. I've tried swipping sides, so that the right side would be on my left year, and the difference persisted. Am I crazy or is it possible?

2 - How fragile are these? The cable feels a kind of cheap to me. Since it's not removable, I'm very afraid of walking around with these in my pocket.

3 - In my opinion, the highs are a bit harsh, listening to some songs (think Iron Man and Paranoid by Black Sabbath and Velvet Underground in general) is a bit hurtful. Do you guys feel that way too?

Thanks very much for your input!

maybe you got product defect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back