JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Sep 28, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #258 of 274
Well, not really bass monsters, but impressions say bass is one their highlights, like the other bassy IEMs I mentioned.  Just want a good v-shaped IEM to give me that rush, right now I am at balanced city with my HP50 and RE600

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #259 of 274
@YamaVega
I'd say these are pretty v-shaped. The bass is really impactful but not that heavy, perhaps because in comparison the lower mids are just a bit recessed. The highs are pretty extended as well, to the point that some have complained of sibilance. What the fx700 is really known for is its timbre, especially on the low end; the wooden shell may actually come into play here. Also while they're pretty efficient, upstream synergy is important with these.

I just went through an old Monster tip sampler and found some great options for these, which was a good thing as I had tried them before with different IEMs and didn't like those tips so much. Somehow the Sony Hybrids got lost so I'm glad they worked out this time!

Have you tried Comply tips?

Sorry this took so long! The complys are very nice, but foam tips really alter the signature a bit too much with the fx700 for my tastes. From what I remember the mids can get lost with these if the isolation is too good.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #260 of 274
Office just told me to stop using headphones at work; they say they were isolating me from clients. I can't state my plea that my D2000 really don't isolate, while my colleagues are all off the hook using earbuds :worried:

Will swapping my D2000 with an FX700 be a good trade? Would it match the denon's exciting signature and great soundstage

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #261 of 274
Office just told me to stop using headphones at work; they say they were isolating me from clients. I can't state my plea that my D2000 really don't isolate, while my colleagues are all off the hook using earbuds :worried:

Will swapping my D2000 with an FX700 be a good trade? Would it match the denon's exciting signature and great soundstage

bro. If you like dont get rid of them. I think your company in general doesnt want you wearing things in your ears bc your less approachable. Now back to the JVCs just buy them for the fun of it.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #262 of 274

Quote:
Are these great alternatives for the ff. Bassy iems?
IE80
DN1000
XBA2

Just want to add bass monsters in my gear, and hope fx700 can fill the bill

Have you ever tried the sony mrd xb90ex with comply foam? its the bassiest buds out there..... sub bass for dayssss

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #265 of 274
Anyone able to compare these to MEE Pinnacle 1s? The MEE Ps are also quite coloured and thick, but with decent detail still. I'm currently using Dunu Dn 1000s which i love but I'm thinking ahead to my next pair :)

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #266 of 274
Anyone able to compare these to MEE Pinnacle 1s? The MEE Ps are also quite coloured and thick, but with decent detail still. I'm currently using Dunu Dn 1000s which i love but I'm thinking ahead to my next pair :)

They are both dynamics drivers but sound very different imo. The jvcs are v shaped, have large bass & rumble and VERY natural timbre which you can feel on acoustic tracks esp guitar. It sounds very organic and huge. The p1s on the other hand have a relatively flat sound signature, is more detailed and smooth,making it better for most genres. Their subbass rolls of early so they don't have the awesome rumble of the jvcs. So it depends on what you want : a fun bassy monster or a precise smooth detailed all rounder

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #267 of 274
They are both dynamics drivers but sound very different imo. The jvcs are v shaped, have large bass & rumble and VERY natural timbre which you can feel on acoustic tracks esp guitar. It sounds very organic and huge. The p1s on the other hand have a relatively flat sound signature, is more detailed and smooth,making it better for most genres. Their subbass rolls of early so they don't have the awesome rumble of the jvcs. So it depends on what you want : a fun bassy monster or a precise smooth detailed all rounder

Or you can try the Sony xba a2/a3. They are like the jvcs except they lack the timbre but make up for it with more detail and clarity/transparency.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #268 of 274
The jvc 700 sounds good out the LG v30

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #270 of 274
Hi everyone, is the FX700 still good in late 2021 now? i found one (like new) with 50$? should i buy it? i had blon03, sony mdr1a, if i buy FX700 i'll sell blon03
Just my 2c, but I'd take a pass and keep the Blon03. The 03 is a nicely tuned and technically decent IEM. The FX700 has better looks, but is much more v-shaped and no upgrade in technical terms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back