JVC HA-FX700 review : WOODEN KING of Dynamic iems
Apr 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #76 of 274

Quote:
Fair enough Inks. We both agree that it is an excellent IEM!
beerchug.gif

I see you have both the fx700 and the 1964 Quads.How would you compare these two?I know it's BA verses Dynamic,but which one you find better/prefer.
I ordered the 1964 T a few weeks ago,and was also considering the FX700's.
But because I will use my IEM at work where it can be noisy,I choose the customs.Did I make the right decision soundwise?
It's always a bit of a gamble to buy customs,because you can't test them.

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #77 of 274
Hello TT600R. Actually, I sold my FX700 - believe it or not - not too long after receiving my 1964-Q. I just remember the sound and I'm very fond of the FX700. I also feel that it is the best universal I have ever heard. With that said, I sold them because overall I was completely satisfied with the Quad and feels it does sound better as a whole more so than the FX700. I would give the FX700 and edge on timbre, but not by much. But on clarity, details, bass, mids, treble and transparency, the Quad wins hands down to my ears. They are two different sounding IEMs, and I wouldn't say to have one means you have the other.

As for the Triple, I can't comment on which sounds better between it and the FX700. My understanding is that the bass on the Triple doesn't extend like the bass in the Quad, but that overall the 1964-T is a very nice sound IEM. Of course, you're going to get way more isolation with your custom than you will with the FX700. But the FX700 will probably give you a wider and more open sounding soundstage. In essence, both are two different sound signatures and both will probably sound fantastic, but based on my experience with the quad, the 1964 EARS will probably be the better sounding one from a technical standpoint. I have heard other BA IEMs, and the Quad sounds the most natural and close to a dynamic to my ears.

Quote:
I see you have both the fx700 and the 1964 Quads.How would you compare these two?I know it's BA verses Dynamic,but which one you find better/prefer.
I ordered the 1964 T a few weeks ago,and was also considering the FX700's.
But because I will use my IEM at work where it can be noisy,I choose the customs.Did I make the right decision soundwise?
It's always a bit of a gamble to buy customs,because you can't test them.

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #78 of 274
Thanks for the quick response Eric.
Within a few weeks,I can experience my first pair of customs and tell you all about them.
Glad you enjoy your quads.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #79 of 274
You are quite welcome @  TT600R. Enjoy and happy listeing!

May 1, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #80 of 274
Wow.  With the right tips, these sound so eff'in unbelievable.  How unbelievable?  Put it this way, I (excitedly) came back early from a club and neglected a booty call, on a Saturday night, just to come home early to just get a couple hours of listening with these.

Wow.  Ridiculous.  I suppose I am officially a head-fi geek.  (bows)  Thank you, thank you.

May 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #81 of 274

Quote:
Wow.  With the right tips, these sound so eff'in unbelievable.  How unbelievable?  Put it this way, I (excitedly) came back early from a club and neglected a booty call, on a Saturday night, just to come home early to just get a couple hours of listening with these.

Wow.  Ridiculous.  I suppose I am officially a head-fi geek.  (bows)  Thank you, thank you.

Haha. You know are a head phone addict when...
atsmile.gif

May 1, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #83 of 274
So i've had my FX700s for a few days now. I'm really enjoying them, the sound signature is very dynamic and lively - with superb timbre.
I've had no desire to listen to my MD Tributes at all - the JVCs are simply superb.
I've tried a few different tips to date and the ones that suit best so far are the White Supertips (medium size?) that came bundled with my secondhand MD Tributes. I feel they offer a little extra clarity and tighten the bass up a bit, over the stock tips.

Just wanted to ask are there any other tips (of similar size) to the White Monster Supertips that you'd recommend I should try with my FX700s please?

Thanks.

May 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #87 of 274
Amazon in the US has a great deal on them, but Amazon.uk only has the fakes, weird. I would try fleaBay.

May 1, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #89 of 274
We have a Sony Store at our local shopping mall - i'll try there later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back