JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #181 of 359
Quote:
This phones are outdated,simple as that.. its like buying a 2005 Camry today,  there is no need to buy this iems when you can buy the FX101 that not only gots better bass than these, but better mids and highs... and even more, they are cheaper.

JVC FX101  = The same quantity of bass but better quality, with better mids and highs, Please Check them out.

Funny you should say that because I just now bought a pair of JVC HAFX1X headphones from the US Amazon 19 with free shipping.  And interestingly enough I was looking to get the mic/headset combo because I wanted them for my iPhone.
I agree sound tuning changes but one should first know what they need and for what purpose so a Camry may fulfill a need that an F150 truck or Ferrari cannot.
Regardless...instead of going by comments, I do my research and that is the ultimate point to this reply. 
After reviewing the newer gen JVCs on Amazon (mic combo is only in new gen) all of them complaining of somewhat less punch to the set vs the HAFX1Xs, I thought I'd check the source ie go to JVC page for specifics.
Now I know why, the "old Camry model" is a better choice after all. 
Because the HAFX1X boasts a 10mm diaphragm with neodymium drivers vs your new favorites that come in at a paltry 8.5mm neodymium drivers.
Outside construction including bass port design is virtually identical.
Now if we scale the differences to real world what I'm saying here, is that you get speakers 85% of the size of mine, therefore your performance lacks that extra 15% punch.
Which means when I have 12" speakers you get 10.2" or let's just keep it 10"...does this illustrate the point better?
So-all else considered identical, for such a low price, I think I'd rather have the larger diaphragms and enjoy the "2005 Camry" thank you very much!

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #182 of 359
Quote:
Funny you should say that because I just now bought a pair of JVC HAFX1X headphones from the US Amazon 19 with free shipping.  And interestingly enough I was looking to get the mic/headset combo because I wanted them for my iPhone.
I agree sound tuning changes but one should first know what they need and for what purpose so a Camry may fulfill a need that an F150 truck or Ferrari cannot.
Regardless...instead of going by comments, I do my research and that is the ultimate point to this reply. 
After reviewing the newer gen JVCs on Amazon (mic combo is only in new gen) all of them complaining of somewhat less punch to the set vs the HAFX1Xs, I thought I'd check the source ie go to JVC page for specifics.
Now I know why, the "old Camry model" is a better choice after all. 
Because the HAFX1X boasts a 10mm diaphragm with neodymium drivers vs your new favorites that come in at a paltry 8.5mm neodymium drivers.
Outside construction including bass port design is virtually identical.
Now if we scale the differences to real world what I'm saying here, is that you get speakers 85% of the size of mine, therefore your performance lacks that extra 15% punch.
Which means when I have 12" speakers you get 10.2" or let's just keep it 10"...does this illustrate the point better?
So-all else considered identical, for such a low price, I think I'd rather have the larger diaphragms and enjoy the "2005 Camry" thank you very much!

You'd have to listen to both phones to hear the difference. You can't just compare their driver size and be done with it. Anyone who complains about the FX101 not having enough bass is just not interested in any other frequencies, because the 101s have a TON of bass (it's basshead level). The FX1X is for those who just want muddy, overpowering bass. Maybe that's what you're interested in though...

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #183 of 359
Quote:
You'd have to listen to both phones to hear the difference. You can't just compare their driver size and be done with it. Anyone who complains about the FX101 not having enough bass is just not interested in any other frequencies, because the 101s have a TON of bass (it's basshead level). The FX1X is for those who just want muddy, overpowering bass. Maybe that's what you're interested in though...

+1

The Monoprice 8320 has a 10mm driver and the bass is not at the level of the Phillips 5830 or  Fx101 heck. not even close to the Fx40.  Big mistake judging earphones by the size of a driver.  you have to listen them  to hear the difference.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #184 of 359
+1

The Monoprice 8320 has a 10mm driver and the bass is not at the level of the Phillips 5830 or  Fx101 heck. not even close to the Fx40.  Big mistake judging earphones by the size of a driver.  you have to listen them  to hear the difference.

It's 14.2mm actually.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #185 of 359
Quote:

WHO complained about the 101's not having enough bass? They have more bass than any other IEM produced!

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #186 of 359
Quote:
WHO complained about the 101's not having enough bass? They have more bass than any other IEM produced!

He mentioned that some Amazon reviewers disliked that they had less bass "punch" than the FX1X. I looked at the reviews and found these crazy individuals on the FR201 reviews.

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #188 of 359
Well the main difference is the balance of bass the FX1X has much mid bass. Big mid bass. That is where most guys will have that impact to their tunes and has some very strong sub bass as well. The FX101 is more sub bass than mid bass that actually give them a cleaner sound..So SQ wize the FX101 is the better earphone. Plus the spikes in the FX1X upper registers show the lack of refinement they have..For guys that like the big sound of the FX1X and want an upgrade from them the FX3X is exactly this. A cleaner tighter sounding and overall a much more refined version of the FX1X. The FX101 I don't think sounds much like the FX1X or the FX3X. A different tuning altogether.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #190 of 359
Quote:
I have had these for quiet a while now and I`m very happy with them. as I have some money left over from my holiday what would be the next step up from these?

Depends.. whats your budget, what kind of music you like, want a more balanced sound,  bassy iem?
As DS said, if you want a more refined Fx1X, get the FX3X, but it seams that a  CKM500 will do the job for you.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #192 of 359
Ok, so I was lurking this thread about a week ago and saw that everyone here had rave reviews about the HAFX1Xs. So I went and ordered a pair off of Amazon last Friday. Somehow, they got from California to eastern North Carolina in only 5 days, but that isn't my point. So, they got here yesterday. I tore the packaging open and plugged em into my laptop and turned on Winamp and played Palmdale by Afroman, which is a very bassy song. I was expecting some booming and thumping bass, but was greeted with harsh highs and relatively weak bass. It might just be my pair, but I haven't experienced and deep, resounding bass, and I can't tell if the drivers are really doing their job. I burned them for around 5 hours yesterday and the bass got a bit stronger. You guys think my pair are defective, or should I just continue burning them? Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Someone stole my pair of Beats I bought after graduation this summer, and I was looking for a cheap replacement. Any help or insight on the problem would be appreciated.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #193 of 359
Ok, so I was lurking this thread about a week ago and saw that everyone here had rave reviews about the HAFX1Xs. So I went and ordered a pair off of Amazon last Friday. Somehow, they got from California to eastern North Carolina in only 5 days, but that isn't my point. So, they got here yesterday. I tore the packaging open and plugged em into my laptop and turned on Winamp and played Palmdale by Afroman, which is a very bassy song. I was expecting some booming and thumping bass, but was greeted with harsh highs and relatively weak bass. It might just be my pair, but I haven't experienced and deep, resounding bass, and I can't tell if the drivers are really doing their job. I burned them for around 5 hours yesterday and the bass got a bit stronger. You guys think my pair are defective, or should I just continue burning them? Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Someone stole my pair of Beats I bought after graduation this summer, and I was looking for a cheap replacement. Any help or insight on the problem would be appreciated.

Nope, that's it! You're experiencing FX1X in their true form! Aren't they great? :D When I first started this hobby I also read this thread on my first days, quickly bought FX1X waited three long weeks before they arrived to my door. I thought about them every night prior to arrival and how AWESOME it was all going to be, all these people and DA BASS! So....I hooked them up taking a few deep breaths closed my eyes, pressed the play button expecting a hurricane of wind and fire then there it was, total let down! Screechy highs accompanied by artificial farty bass.

But don't worry! that's because they need burn in I said! All about the burn in with FX1X as so many people reported, So I burned then in for 50 - 100 hours and there was just enough change to make them usable, the tinny highs remained, bass just kept farting away, the whole presentation resembled listening to music through two beer cans, I totally felt I'd been taken for a ride. I've not taken notice of another hype thread since that day.

Sell them. Move onto something else. :smile: (that's just my opinion)

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #194 of 359
i agree that the highs are mediocre and i will add that is one of the worst Iem's  i got,   BUT  Aaron is reporting a  WEAK bass, and you know that even if the mids and highs are mediocre,  these FX dont have WEAK bass, they got one of the strongest bass for an IEM. (quantity)

Aaron, please check you got a proper seal,  use the correct tip for you ears, and insert them into you ears properly, AT LEAST you should hear a booming bass.  No way the FX1X has a weak bass. without a perfect seal the highs and mids are gonna sound worst than they should, that or you got a defective unit.  no way they got a "weak bass".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back