JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Jul 17, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #166 of 359
Quote:
I got a JVC HAFX101 but it has that cheap headphone hiss when connected to my Xonar DG. It gets drowned when music is playing but I was not expecting the hiss from this headphone. 

When no music is playing? Sounds like a grounding issue. Maybe defective?

Jul 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #167 of 359
for anyone interested, yesterday i decided to compare the jvc's against the meelectric sp51 which i just got in and noticed something interesting, coming out of a micca y splitter cable fed from a fiio e6 to rockboxed sansa clip+, these things sounded earily similar

i was using the black (heaviest) bass port the the bass is almost identical, the sp51's having the edge ever so slightly as i could feel the vibration on some songs slightly while the jvc's only allow me to HEAR the bass if that makes sense, the sensation is minimal, barely worth talking about but i thought i needed mention

bass quantity wise they're identical but the sp51 is overall more detailed and has better texturing, but not by the amount you would think considering the price difference between the 2, the jvc's are slightly muddy (have over 100 hours of burn in on them) while the sp51's are more controlled

mids and highs go to the sp51 hands down tho, much better instrument seperation but properly burned in the jvc's arent too bad in this realm

all in all a couple months later, i'm still happy with my jvc purchase, you really do get alot for your money (once u burn them in) but im retiring them for my sp51's, also worth mentioning my sp51's arent burnt in this was just a quick comparison, take it for what its worth

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #168 of 359
Ordered a set of these a few days ago and got them today. I was looking for a set of cheaper headphones as throw around buds and also saw this thread here. Only have about 2 hours listening time but I'm pretty dang impressed so far. They are definitely boomy, hopefully they will become more clear as listening time grows.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #169 of 359
Ordered a set of these a few days ago and got them today. I was looking for a set of cheaper headphones as throw around buds and also saw this thread here. Only have about 2 hours listening time but I'm pretty dang impressed so far. They are definitely boomy, hopefully they will become more clear as listening time grows.

Oooh don't worry, that artifcial bass just gets better and better. :wink:

Enjoy! :D

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #170 of 359
I listen to everything. Not just bass heavy genres. The CKS77 does everything amazingly well. I just got a new Sony Z1060.. The Sony player with my CKS77 is a match made in audio heaven.. I know there isn't too much written about the CKS77.. I am a person that takes great interest in versatile earphones as it has to perform for everything I listen to.

Look for a new thread based on them.. Anyone that is interested in them can read about them on the CKM50 thread. When I bought them I took a chance as the older CKS70 was not reviewed with much fan fair but these.. These are special. People have no idea just how epic the sound is from these earphones. No idea. It has become the bench mark for not just bassy earphones for me but high end earphones.  Both my new TF10 and the Monster Miles Davis Tributes are weak in comparison. Which came to me as a huge surprise.  Both are tried and true big thread much more expensive earphones.. My CKS77 has the better more versatile SQ over both these combined. Surprising.

Whaaat? I thought my IE8 was king of bass until I got the MDTs (a few days ago). I bought a couple of the monoprice 8320s and you were spot on with those, after I get my M9ps, Brainwavz beta and these extreme bass JVCs some head time, I'm going to check those out as well.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #171 of 359
The CKS77 is a great bass earphones for certain but I have since then upgraded to something with even a a bigger sound. The new Sony XB90EX is what the CKS77 is with more emphasis on sub bass less and mids over the CKS77. Which ends up sounding crazy. There is a vendor on ebay that is selling the Sony's for about the same cost of a new CKS77. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #172 of 359
The CKS77 is a great bass earphones for certain but I have since then upgraded to something with even a a bigger sound. The new Sony XB90EX is what the CKS77 is with more emphasis on sub bass less and mids over the CKS77. Which ends up sounding crazy. There is a vendor on ebay that is selling the Sony's for about the same cost of a new CKS77. 

How do they compare to the MDTs? I'm kind of enjoying the MDTs. This is the first phone I've owned that didn't have a V signature and with the forward mids on these, I think I'm getting a mental burn in because I'm not used to it. I listen to a lot of liquid DnB, trance, techno jazz and almost anything electronic.

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #174 of 359
Quote:
How do they compare to the MDTs? I'm kind of enjoying the MDTs. This is the first phone I've owned that didn't have a V signature and with the forward mids on these, I think I'm getting a mental burn in because I'm not used to it. I listen to a lot of liquid DnB, trance, techno jazz and almost anything electronic.

The MDTs are kinda showing their age. To me the mids are actually forward and the stage of the earphones are somewhat congested give a sense of smaller club like sound which was intended but the problem for me is some tunes while sounding great some don't it is weird like that. If you liked your MDTs both the CKS77 and the XB90EX are upgrades..But since you just got them. Just enjoy them. There is always better..

@Headfimaniac The FX1X is more of a consumer oriented bass earphone with not such a tight sound. The MP8320 sound much more expensive than these but if you like your big bass I would go the new FX101 over the FX1X. Much better tuning over the FX1X.

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #175 of 359
I purchase a set of the JVC HA-FX1X a couple of months ago and out of the box the bass was overwhelming.  I now have over 50 hours on them and they seemed to have calmed down somewhat.  I think the highs may be a little grainy still.  I paid like $40 for my set and still think they are well worth the price.  I think now you can pick up a set for under $20.  I would highly recommend them at that price for sure.

I also have the AT CKS77 and that is a good IEM too.  They can sound very audiophile like and bring out a lot of detail in the music.  The only reason I don't like them is their design.  I listen to music a lot while riding my bike on the weekends and I hear a lot of wind noise with these so I don't use them very often.

I recently purchased the Velodyne vPulse IEM and think they are really good too.  They sound warmer/smoother than the JVC HA-FX1X.  I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the flat cable, though.  I can't get enough of the latest Serj Tankian album "Harakari."  My favorite track has to be "Forget Me Knot."  It sounds pretty damn good through the Velodynes. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #176 of 359
Quote:
The MDTs are kinda showing their age. To me the mids are actually forward and the stage of the earphones are somewhat congested give a sense of smaller club like sound which was intended but the problem for me is some tunes while sounding great some don't it is weird like that. If you liked your MDTs both the CKS77 and the XB90EX are upgrades..But since you just got them. Just enjoy them. There is always better..

I know what you mean.  When i listen to electronic tracks with airyness and and reverb, the forward mids on these push whats supposed to be kept in the background, forward, making them compete with what's already forward (if that makes sense).  It has a weird jumbling effect on the mids.  The fantastic detain and clarity can almost make up for this.  When I wear them I can get used to the sound sig but it takes a while. When I use my IE8s or MTPGs after Im using these, immediately I notice the difference and think those to sound better to my ears.

It took me 4 days of 24hr burn in to get the harshness of the highs to settle in in these JVCs.  It was a noticeable difference for me.  Previously I had to drop the treble around the 6k mark to -9dbs to be able to tolerate the harshness.  Now I can say I am liking these a lot.  I saw earlier that there is one of these with a mic, so I think i might see if I can return these and get that one. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #177 of 359
I've been listening to the x1x for a few days now and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. There's a lot of bass, but it sounds like the kind of bass you hear from the next block over when they're having a ghetto party. I consider myself a basshead, but I still want to hear the notes and tone of the bass. These headphones are just wildly uncontrolled with the bass - it's muddy, artificial, and you can get the same effect by just bass boosting any old half-decent phones.

By far the worst thing about these ear phones are their lack of versatility though. If the only album you listen to is the Chronic then these would be great, but the second you listen to anything with a full range or clarity in the production these are as poor as any cheapo buds. I say steer clear and get the 3570s instead - no matter how much the talk of big bass might tempt you.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #178 of 359
This phones are outdated,simple as that.. its like buying a 2005 Camry today,  there is no need to buy this iems when you can buy the FX101 that not only gots better bass than these, but better mids and highs... and even more, they are cheaper.

JVC FX101  = The same quantity of bass but better quality, with better mids and highs, Please Check them out.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #179 of 359
Quote:

@Headfimaniac The FX1X is more of a consumer oriented bass earphone with not such a tight sound. The MP8320 sound much more expensive than these but if you like your big bass I would go the new FX101 over the FX1X. Much better tuning over the FX1X.

This should be a forum Sticky.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #180 of 359
Quote:
How do these to the monoprice 8320?

No comparison. Fx101 have the most bass I have heard in an IEM, mids so so and super bright highs. 8320 have decent bass, great mids and nice highs. No harshness at all. The mids and highs on the 8320 really make them so nice. The soundstage is wider and just a pleasant IEM. The 8320 are open though and don't isolate and or block noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back