JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Apr 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #136 of 359
Lol.. These will make a believer of burn in for you. Hey I don't make stuff up saying these will be magical on their own. They sound like poo on open box. Too much bass with little if at all mids or highs. I always burn with my heaviest drum and bass tracks 5 hours of it on a loop, and fairly loud too so I suppose it took longer for yours to burn in but thats how I do it.. I would keep burning them in too as they will smooth out more so..

I can just see your expression now when you first heard these. What? lol!

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #137 of 359
Interesting comments dutchi,
The burn in is real and for one is worth it. What I find interesting about these canals is the rather large and deep chamber. It seems this design works beautifully. I can't for one understand why other manufacturers haven't picked up on this. Also, the large diaphragm makes a big difference @10mm.
Finally, the comfort and seal is exceptional yes I have small ears. :)
These continue to sound better and better each time you play them. Also, mix up the genres of sound when burning in...helps alot..

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #140 of 359
Straight up answer please, these or Soundmagic e10?
I love bass as much as the next guy but i also dont want a muddy not clear sound even after the burn in. Are the e10s worth the extra few bucks over these? Thanks!

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #141 of 359

Quote:
Straight up answer please, these or Soundmagic e10?
I love bass as much as the next guy but i also dont want a muddy not clear sound even after the burn in. Are the e10s worth the extra few bucks over these? Thanks!

I've owned both and kept the E10. I would say E10 is a much better buy in my opinion. XX are ok for people on a tight budget, I would recommend them only if you have no more than the $20 asking price. I went through the hype and bought a pair which took weeks to arrive in excitement eagerly awaiting their arrival just like many other people. Kept them one week then moved them on quickly.

The E10 are very "very" good for the price, clear, nice bass impact, without sounding like they're still under a pillow.   

May 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #143 of 359
Quote:
I found soundmagi for around $35 but idk if they are fake or not from amazon. Is that the general price range for them?

Yes that's the going price for E10. As far as I'm aware there aren't any fake E10's around. 

May 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #144 of 359
Instead of the HA-FX1X, consider the Panasonic RP-HJE450. The HJE450 has strong bass, however its bass sounds much more natural than that of the HA-FX1X. The HJE450 also has a nice midrange and nice highs.

May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #145 of 359
Quote:
Instead of the HA-FX1X, consider the Panasonic RP-HJE450. The HJE450 has strong bass, however its bass sounds much more natural than that of the HA-FX1X. The HJE450 also has a nice midrange and nice highs.

I will tell you JK1 I had the HJE450. The HJE350 and the new HJE355 are both better than those.. The one part that I didn't like about the HJE450 is how unnatural the highs sound to the rest of the sound.The sounds are disjointed on that from the port tuning they did to the driver.. Both the HJE350 and the HJE350 are more natural sounding and none of the Panasonics I would consider for bass heads.

May 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #146 of 359
HJE350 better than the HJE450? I don't think so. The HJE350 sounds pretty decent, however it doesn't have the strong bass impact of the HJE450. I have the new HJE355 as well. The HJE355 has clearer sound and a bit more detail than the HJE350 and HJE450, however it doesn't have the bass impact of the HJE450. I hope Panasonic comes out with a new IEM that uses the same technology as the HJE355 but that has 12.5 mm or larger  drivers to give more bass impact than the HJE355 has. Overall I think they offer great value for the price. The reviews of most of the cheaper Audio Technica IEMs(those retailing for under $40) seem quite negative. I guess you will say the CKM50 sounds decent and is under $40, however that is a clearance price. How does the CKM50 compare to the Panasonic HJE450?

Have you tried the Yamaha EPH-50? It looks interesting on paper even though it isn't that cheap.

May 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #147 of 359
I am surprised you like them HJE450s so much. I just couldn't get past the weird treble on them.. There is a reason why there is a CKM50 thread. Hey If your into your big bass and want a big sound with very good mids and highs. look into a CKS77. I know they cost much more but are leagues above anything mentioned here in SQ..

Something like a HJE450 don't even come close..The FX1X I like to think as a little brother to that sound but again not even close to the overall presentation.

May 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #148 of 359
The CKS77 is around $88 though. Do you like the CKS77 better than the CKM500? How does the CKS55 compate with the CKS77? If the CKS77 drops to under $50 I might consider it.

Weird treble on the HJE450? I don't think it sounds weird.

May 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #149 of 359
You get used to that sound it will sound great to your ears. If your a bass fan. There is nothing better out in the market at any price that does the bass like a CKS77. You are in for a shock.  But if you want more of a detailed clean balanced exciting neutral sound the CKM500 is that. The bass is not lacking on these at all. Perfect for the sound but the CKS77 imo for you. You are in for a treat. Coming from a HJE450 to a CKS77 is a nice upgrade for sure.

If you are a fan of clean extended highs with the right amount of sparkle and precision the CKM500 with liquid mids. and solid bass. 

Both are completely worthy of purchasing and are great deals for what sounds they both represent..It comes down to what type of sound you prefer.. There are gonna be lesser highs on the CKS77 but it is more accurate than the HJE450. In fact the highs are also a highlight on the CKS77. The mids and engaging. Big sound in the CKS77.

Better get back on topic. Sorry guys.

May 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #150 of 359
Anyone here try the new JVC HA-FX101? It is only around $15. I am surprised how good the $8 JVC Riptidz sounds for the price. I can't get the HA-FX1X to seal properly for me. I guess the problem is its size and shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back