JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Mar 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #106 of 359

Quote:
So I am wondering when JVC will bring out their newest The HAFX3X.  It looks like these are Japan only for now but can be bought on ebay for around 60ish. I am wondering if these newer versions will have more refinements. Would be worth the money for sure if so.

In the mean while if anyone here is looking for a high end bassy earphone that would be a clear upgrade to these HAFX1X.. Try out a ATH-CKS77. Just unbelievable how great they are..

I know we are talking about a $100 earphone vs a $25 one but.. I know many of you guys are like me and are always looking for the upgrade..

Let me put it this way.. The CKS77 beat up on my Monster Miles Davis Tributes in over all sound quality while destroying it in bass, stage, balance, and detail.. That is a $300 earphone vs a $100 one.

If I ever buy any headphones over £30 again I will consider the CKS77 especially as the CK7 still remain my favourite of all time (and still cost £80 to buy now).
Also, the vPulse spoken about in another thread seems to be a good one in between the JVC and CKS77.

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #107 of 359
Nope.. I own the Vpulse. They don't do too much better than the JVC HAFX1X to be honest. I am kinda disappointed in those to be honest. I was expecting a more refined HAFX1X to find more of a side grade over them. They lack mid and high range clarity to seriously compete with the CKS77. In fact the vpulse don't even come close.

The real upgrade is the CKS77. Trust me on this one. On my CKM50 thread I did a couple A/B comparisons against a live performance of Vivaldi's four seasons. Yes classical music on a bassy earphone.  The piece was done live in a big music hall and the sound the came out of this recording was all encompassing.. Wide as it is deep.. The CKS77 makes you feel like you are sitting in front of the performers listening to them with so much depth to the sound it is incredible. One of the coolest tech they have on the CKS77 is the dual chamber design. Which everyone thinks is just for BASS.. The truth is. Not only is the bass some of the best quality you will ever hear. They seriously sound like high quality sub woofers. But this double chamber adds air and depth to your sound.  When comparing to the Tributes. It was like i heard only half the reverb that is comes from this music hall.  Then I A/Bed against the EX600.. The piece sounded so flat compared to these. There was no comparison.  Watching movies on these.. Let me just say they sound like personal THX speakers implanted in your ears.  I encourage everyone that reads this. Give these a go.. I can't recommend a better bassy earphone that does everything right with the roomiest sound you have ever heard. Lovely just lovely!

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #108 of 359
Xtreme Xplosive crew checking in. Holla!

O_o

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #109 of 359
Anyone else notice that the price of these on amazon went from $24 a week and a half ago, to $29 last week, to $39 today? At $45 shipped, these don't seem like nearly as much of a bargain, especially when the hippo vb is the same price.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #110 of 359
This seller has them for AUS $22.40 worldwide free shipping. I purchased mine through this seller. Reliable and genuine, most others I have seen on ebay are far higher in price compared recently.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #111 of 359
Try the Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has strong bass, but its bass sounds much more natural than the bass on the HAFX1X.

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #112 of 359

Quote:
Try the Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has strong bass, but its bass sounds much more natural than the bass on the HAFX1X.

I will add them to list, I have far to many IEM's coming. Turbines are my next interest. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #113 of 359

Quote:
Nope.. I own the Vpulse. They don't do too much better than the JVC HAFX1X to be honest. I am kinda disappointed in those to be honest. I was expecting a more refined HAFX1X to find more of a side grade over them. They lack mid and high range clarity to seriously compete with the CKS77. In fact the vpulse don't even come close.

The real upgrade is the CKS77. Trust me on this one. On my CKM50 thread I did a couple A/B comparisons against a live performance of Vivaldi's four seasons. Yes classical music on a bassy earphone.  The piece was done live in a big music hall and the sound the came out of this recording was all encompassing.. Wide as it is deep.. The CKS77 makes you feel like you are sitting in front of the performers listening to them with so much depth to the sound it is incredible. One of the coolest tech they have on the CKS77 is the dual chamber design. Which everyone thinks is just for BASS.. The truth is. Not only is the bass some of the best quality you will ever hear. They seriously sound like high quality sub woofers. But this double chamber adds air and depth to your sound.  When comparing to the Tributes. It was like i heard only half the reverb that is comes from this music hall.  Then I A/Bed against the EX600.. The piece sounded so flat compared to these. There was no comparison.  Watching movies on these.. Let me just say they sound like personal THX speakers implanted in your ears.  I encourage everyone that reads this. Give these a go.. I can't recommend a better bassy earphone that does everything right with the roomiest sound you have ever heard. Lovely just lovely!

What other styles did you test these out with? I love a versatile IEM, but it has to be able to do classical well.

Quote:
This seller has them for AUS $22.40 worldwide free shipping. I purchased mine through this seller. Reliable and genuine, most others I have seen on ebay are far higher in price compared recently.

Much better deal! Thanks for posting that up. The CKS77 is probably more worthwhile, but at that price, those are likely the best budget bass.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #114 of 359
I listen to everything. Not just bass heavy genres. The CKS77 does everything amazingly well. I just got a new Sony Z1060.. The Sony player with my CKS77 is a match made in audio heaven.. I know there isn't too much written about the CKS77.. I am a person that takes great interest in versatile earphones as it has to perform for everything I listen to.

Look for a new thread based on them.. Anyone that is interested in them can read about them on the CKM50 thread. When I bought them I took a chance as the older CKS70 was not reviewed with much fan fair but these.. These are special. People have no idea just how epic the sound is from these earphones. No idea. It has become the bench mark for not just bassy earphones for me but high end earphones.  Both my new TF10 and the Monster Miles Davis Tributes are weak in comparison. Which came to me as a huge surprise.  Both are tried and true big thread much more expensive earphones.. My CKS77 has the better more versatile SQ over both these combined. Surprising.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #115 of 359
At $100+, I wouldn't call the CKS77 budget. My definition for budget earphones  is under $30.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #116 of 359
The budget version of the CKS77 would be the $25 CKM50. I threw that out there just in case anyone wanted to get a higher end sound. If anyone is wondering if they are worth $100. Absolutely. Now back on topic.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #117 of 359

I'm interested in these. the JVC's kill the V pulse. they kill the S4's...I own and tried to like both.  

Quote:
I listen to everything. Not just bass heavy genres. The CKS77 does everything amazingly well. I just got a new Sony Z1060.. The Sony player with my CKS77 is a match made in audio heaven.. I know there isn't too much written about the CKS77.. I am a person that takes great interest in versatile earphones as it has to perform for everything I listen to.

Look for a new thread based on them.. Anyone that is interested in them can read about them on the CKM50 thread. When I bought them I took a chance as the older CKS70 was not reviewed with much fan fair but these.. These are special. People have no idea just how epic the sound is from these earphones. No idea. It has become the bench mark for not just bassy earphones for me but high end earphones.  Both my new TF10 and the Monster Miles Davis Tributes are weak in comparison. Which came to me as a huge surprise.  Both are tried and true big thread much more expensive earphones.. My CKS77 has the better more versatile SQ over both these combined. Surprising.

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #118 of 359
Well, for what it's worth, these are back down to $26.60... maybe the seller is paying attention to this thread? Not as good as the deal on ebay, and I'm still very tempted to try these out and compare to my M4's.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #119 of 359
[size=10.5pt]
JVCxx.jpg
[/size]

[size=10.5pt]They keep sounding better and better.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back