JVC HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosive Impressions
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #256 of 359
Can you do a JVC FX1 vs MEE M9 comparison?  I bought the M9P (Flat Cable) and will be returning them because they don't sound good with an iPod.  Do the JVCs have this problem?

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #257 of 359
I personally really like the JVC's. I don't understand why they would not sound good w/ your iPod. Did they sound good w/ your computer? Anyways, the JVC's quality is fantastic in it's price range. They are a durable pair of earphones. Perhaps a little bass heavy for my taste, but if that's what you like I honestly suggest you get these. Only flaws I had with these was they are big. They definitely protrude from your ears. Not in an ugly way at all just I'm a a little bit of a perfectionist. Honestly if you can get these for $20 or under, look no further.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #258 of 359
I got the JVC HA-FX101 and I should say I am extremely disapointed. I connect them to my laptop playing Dream Theater through Foobar2000 and there's no bass whatsoever. None, it's not there, it doesn't exist. I connect them to my Galaxy Tab through Google Play Music and the same happens. I try with PowerAmp and if I equalize the sound (for the ones familiar with PowerAmp, I put the lower 3 frequencies to max as well the included amp). Also, through the tablet, if nothing is playing there's huge hissing (on laptop is much less but still there).
I can guess from this that I may need a pocket amp/DAC? I am in process of building my own DAC for months and just haven't had much time to do it.

Is this the case here or I got a defective unit?

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #259 of 359
  I got the JVC HA-FX101 and I should say I am extremely disapointed. I connect them to my laptop playing Dream Theater through Foobar2000 and there's no bass whatsoever. None, it's not there, it doesn't exist. I connect them to my Galaxy Tab through Google Play Music and the same happens. I try with PowerAmp and if I equalize the sound (for the ones familiar with PowerAmp, I put the lower 3 frequencies to max as well the included amp). Also, through the tablet, if nothing is playing there's huge hissing (on laptop is much less but still there).
I can guess from this that I may need a pocket amp/DAC? I am in process of building my own DAC for months and just haven't had much time to do it.

Congratulations, you certainly got a copy. Sorry. Or a really defective unit. 

I got a pair of FX1X for my friend, he just loves them. I tried them too, before his long listening and after, and gosh! It has LOADS if bass. Today I also just received my Denon C301 so if you guys want I will do a quick review between them. 

But just to let you know, the C301 are definitely bass monsters. Think that comparing the JVC to the Denons means that the JVC are definitely worth their price and ARE bass monsters too, price point or not.

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #260 of 359
  Congratulations, you certainly got a copy. Sorry. Or a really defective unit. 

I got a pair of FX1X for my friend, he just loves them. I tried them too, before his long listening and after, and gosh! It has LOADS if bass. Today I also just received my Denon C301 so if you guys want I will do a quick review between them. 

But just to let you know, the C301 are definitely bass monsters. Think that comparing the JVC to the Denons means that the JVC are definitely worth their price and ARE bass monsters too, price point or not.

I forgot to write, but with PowerAmp and the knobs like I said I can feel the bass but it's not LOADS like everyone here says.
So my best guess is that they are a copy? Is there any way to pinpoint that by the box or something? I got them on Amazon.co.uk sold by Amazon themselves. Is this supposed to happen? Even with the cheap Nokia headphones from my mom I can feel more bass on the laptop, lol.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #262 of 359

You mention that you got the HAFX101, perhaps that one is bad. The IEM that most everyone (if I'm not mistaken) is referring to on this thread is the HAFX1X. Which I can definitely say have bass. I don't know for sure if your product is defective, but I can tell you, you will not have these problems w/ the HAFX1X. Unfortunately, they've been rocketing in price over the past week. I bought them about 2 week's ago for a friend, for $14.40. Anyways, :D 

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #263 of 359
Yeah, I though I was on another thread. My bad. I sent them back and asked for a replacement anyway. Let's see how it goes.
I even connected them to my desktop and it was the same disapointment.

Feb 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #264 of 359
I'm not telling you that your are wrong for being on this thread. What I'm telling you is that all the good hype about the HAFX1X you may have interpreted as if it was intended for the HAFX101. They might actually have those problems all around. And finally I was saying that if you want guaranteed good sound, and good bass, look into the HAFX1X. Hope this was helpful. :D

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #265 of 359
I've got both the fx101 and the fx1x. I find that the the 101 have more bass, but overall the 1x sound better. You definitely got a dud
Edit: correction, I have the 3x, not the 1x. Everything I said still stand though (just replace 1x with 3x)

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #266 of 359
I got my replacement today and...they sound the same. Maybe a bit better, but the bass isn't there. I have some cheap buds from a cheap Nokia phone and they definitely sound better than the JVC ones, lol. Previously I owned some cheap Sony ones and the ones from my Samsung tablet and they sounded better than this. Seriously, what is going on :D

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #267 of 359
  I got my replacement today and...they sound the same. Maybe a bit better, but the bass isn't there. I have some cheap buds from a cheap Nokia phone and they definitely sound better than the JVC ones, lol. Previously I owned some cheap Sony ones and the ones from my Samsung tablet and they sounded better than this. Seriously, what is going on :D

Make sure that
1: you have the proper fit. This is important for any IEM.
2: you give them a good burn-in. I have yet to encounter a JVC IEM that didn't need burn-in to sound good.

Hopefully it works out for you.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #268 of 359
Well I do hope you're right. I kinda feel bad if I need to ask amazon for another replacement, lol. Funny thing is if I equalise on poweramp they sound good. But if don't think they are supposed to need equalise or an amp.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #269 of 359
I have had two pairs of the XX's. The sound quality is comparable to some of the higher priced earphones like urBeats (though they are just fashion statement), the bass and treble will blow you away. They easily compare to £100 earphones, the only cons are that they break quite easy and the 3.5mm jack is weak and if not looked after will eventually tear the cable making your earphones un-usable. Definitely worth buying though, every pair I've owned broke yearly so not bad.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #270 of 359
I like the bigger xx headphones more. The biggest badboy for bass is the HA-MR77X's. Best bass for under 800$ I've found. Hook an amp up to them, and the deep bass (20-75 Hz) thumps you upside the head, and leaves your ear ringing.... They also act as portable speakers with no distortion at all. Much louder than the HTC One phone speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back