JVC HA-FX1X vs. JVC HA-FX101. Is it worth sending them back?
Jul 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Lolzmao

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I saw the FX1X's for about $15, and after reading many, many very positive reviews for these cheap buds, I figured I might as well buy them.
Further into my reading, I discovered JVC's new model - the FX101. It seems these are the upgrade to the FX1Xs. And reading further in, it seems they are a pretty good improvement over the FX1X's. I discovered this, of course, the day my FX1X's arrived at my door.
Are they really that much better? I'd hate to beat myself up too badly over them. If so, are they worth sending these guys back for?(Haven't even taken them out of package yet.)

Hope I didn't make a mistake in not purchasing the similarly priced upgraded model
confused_face.gif
. Would love the feedback of anyone whose owned these buds.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 15
Depends on how much you are going to pay for the refund o charge,  if you can change them for free, yes.. do it.
They are better than the FX1X.

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 15
I know this question is two weeks old but I'd like to know if you exchanged them and if so, what you think?

I'm looking into the x1x, I just read the 101's were supposed to be an upgrade but I notice the driver size is 8.5mm on the 101's compared the 10mm drivers on the x1x's.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 15
I know this question is two weeks old but I'd like to know if you exchanged them and if so, what you think?

I'm looking into the x1x, I just read the 101's were supposed to be an upgrade but I notice the driver size is 8.5mm on the 101's compared the 10mm drivers on the x1x's.

Muerte, don't waste your time thinking about the FX1X. There's no comparison really. The FX101 have massive bass while maintaining more clarity in other frequencies compared to the FX1X. Don't let the driver size worry you.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

I actually never ended up exchanging them(They were only like $10 dollar headphones - I saw no point in putting in that amount of hassle). I actually did like the FX1X's a lot, though the mids and highs did seem to get kind of drowned out by the bloated bass. Though being a basshead this was only a slight annoyance to me at first. I have since upgraded to a pair of ATH-CKS77's and love them to death compared to these. The lows are so much more refined and clear, not as bloated sounding. And the sub-bass is absolutely intense, without sacrificing any quality of the mids or highs. Though I suppose I'm getting off topic here. I have heard the FX101's are better than the FX1X's, at basically the same exact price, so definitely get those ones.
Quote:
Are you from Australia? This is actually not a suggestion as I don't own the JVC HA FX101, but I just want to vent that why are this items so hard to find here? Even if you can find them they are way overpriced.

No, I'm afraid not. I'm from the states, so I can just order these guys off amazon. Sorry to hear they're so hard to find!

Apr 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #8 of 15
I have both JVC HAFX3x and HA-FX101...and no regret at all buying those two babies.FX3 definitely have bigger bass ...I mean huge huge massive bass with decent detailed mid and high but FX101 has very detailed sub bass with very excellent instrument separation . So all in all you should get both as both of these babies are imho are really excellent and if you are like me who listen to various genres.

I uses FX3 for electronic trance music and they are so much energy and fun sound to it and FX101 for blues like Howlin Wolf or John Lee Hooker ...you can feel the foot stomping especially for old recording and guitar never sounds so sweet.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 15
I still have the 201 (101 with a mic), 1X and 3X. Tried the 101 and passed them over since they sounded identical to the 201. I did not see the 101 as an upgrade over the 1X at all, but as a clear entry point into the XX brand; sloppier bass, shrill highs, very recessed mids, thin delicate cable. Same sound signature as the 1X and 3X, but not as good. Yeah they are cheaper, and come in a greater variety of colours, but to me they were lacking. The 3X is the best of the bunch.

Don't take this as saying I disliked the 101. I do, that bass is awesome, but feel that for a slight bump in price you can get products that improve on them in every way.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 15
You guys know there are new ones, the 11X and 33X

ha-fx33x-r.jpg
ha-fx33x-rb.jpg

ha-fx33x-s.jpg

You'll have to read up on them. Don't know how much better they are than the older ones etc. just thought I'd bring them up.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 15
  You guys know there are new ones, the 11X and 33X

ha-fx33x-r.jpg
ha-fx33x-rb.jpg

ha-fx33x-s.jpg

You'll have to read up on them. Don't know how much better they are than the older ones etc. just thought I'd bring them up.

Oh $#!} Thank you for posting that. I had no idea there were new ones. We just got the mic'd version of the FX1X here in Canada (in physical stores that is)....these will make is overseas in another couple years or so I'm sure, lol. Research time!!!

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #14 of 15
Okay new question(s). How much of an upgrade is the JVC HAFX1X to the Sony XB90EX? They are both bass-oriented headphones. The XB90's should be better in terms of everything since it does cost more and have a bigger drive, but to what degree? Is it worth the upgrade considering the "huge" price difference? $30 vs $85. And those who have bought the XB90's, do they come with a warranty?

I haven't tried them, but the 1X are likely a decent step down. The XB90 have a very loyal following for a reason :) The 1X are more on par with the XB50, which I do have. Others have commented that the XB90 is a much better offering than the XB50 and 70, which are also quite new. Hope this helps a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back