JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Jan 14, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #46 of 780
Just got myself a Sony upgrade MMCX cables for my FW02 and now my FW02 sounds slightly brighter and have more treble sparkle. Very nice, love it!
This Sony cable is also very well made.

Side note: I tried the more expensive Silver Dragon cable but I cannot hear any difference from the stock cables. This Sony is cheaper yet very impressive. You guys should try it!

Surpised to see you again bengkia , it's been sometime since I last seen you in edmw forum. I recently returned from Japan and bought the ha-fw01 after listening to all the 3 earphones. 

FW02 was full of treble man and you had to make it even brighter.  

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #47 of 780
Surpised to see you again bengkia , it's been sometime since I last seen you in edmw forum. I recently returned from Japan and bought the ha-fw01 after listening to all the 3 earphones. 

FW02 was full of treble man and you had to make it even brighter.  

But with slightly brighter sounding, the FW02 gets even better with clarity, I can hear more details coming from it. :)

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #48 of 780
Guys, I already order the Isine20 to complement the FW01.
I plan to  use the FW01 for fun,fast music and the iSine20 for relaxing. The soundstage and instruments separtation of those iSines are top notch (can easily compete (or even surpass) with something like U12 or andromedra or even tralucent 1+2) , and the mid is so addictive. This year is a great great year for great iems with reasonable price.   

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #49 of 780
  Guys, I already order the Isine20 to complement the FW01.
I plan to  use the FW01 for fun,fast music and the iSine20 for relaxing. The soundstage and instruments separtation of those iSines are top notch (can easily compete (or even surpass) with something like U12 or andromedra or even tralucent 1+2) , and the mid is so addictive. This year is a great great year for great iems with reasonable price.   

Looking forward to your comparison ...

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #50 of 780

Looking forward to your comparison ...

JW my initial Impression (I spent 3 hours on Sat. and 2 hours on Sun.auditioned them) is in line with the comment from Lexus91, about the soundstage and the bass of those iSines. In Stock from, I also  prefer the iSine 10 to the iSine20 (it's funny,because the 20 cost more). But i just ordered the iSine20, because they pair well with my upgrade cable (gold plated silver) and scale better., I will compare the FW01 with the iSine 20, when the earphnoes arrive

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #51 of 780
  JW my initial Impression (I spent 3 hours on Sat. and 2 hours on Sun.auditioned them) is in line with the comment from Lexus91, about the soundstage and the bass of those iSines. In Stock from, I also  prefer the iSine 10 to the iSine20 (it's funny,because the 20 cost more). But i just ordered the iSine20, because they pair well with my upgrade cable (gold plated silver) and scale better., I will compare the FW01 with the iSine 20, when the earphnoes arrive

You've got me drooling ...

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #52 of 780
When I wrote my initial reflections on the FW01, I was reminded back in 2007 how much I liked the Denon AH-C700. The link in my first post came from eBay, and I noticed what used to be a $200 IEM was now being sold by several retailers at a ridiculous low price, so I bought one for $18 from this supplier.

I received it a few days ago, and you know what, they sound pretty good, certainly good enough for connection to my iPhone 5s when I go hiking.

If anyone needs an inexpensive IEM for themselves or a family member, I recommend these highly. The C700 I received looks to be very much the same as the one I bought long ago, so I guess what we have here is new old stock.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #53 of 780
I mentioned earlier in this thread that there was some glare in the midrange on my FW01, but after 300 hours of play time, it has disappeared.

The sound just keeps improving on these ...

There's rumor that Sennheiser will be releasing the IE800S in the near future. If true, I will likely buy a pair and it will be interesting how it will compare to the FW01.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #54 of 780
I mentioned earlier in this thread that there was some glare in the midrange on my FW01, but after 300 hours of play time, it has disappeared.

The sound just keeps improving on these ...

There's rumor that Sennheiser will be releasing the IE800S in the near future. If true, I will likely buy a pair and it will be interesting how it will compare to the FW01.

Totally different sound signature, ie800 is a very bright sounding while jvc is dark sounding.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #55 of 780
Totally different sound signature, ie800 is a very bright sounding while jvc is dark sounding.

Thank you, Bengkia, for your observations. A new IE800S might be a good mate for the FW01, then.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #56 of 780
Thank you, Bengkia, for your observations. A new IE800S might be a good mate for the FW01, then.

I preferred the sound signature of a Final Audio Fibass than IE800 honestly.
Fibass is way more refined the highs is not siblance compared to IE800. Also Fibass is way much raw and emotional compared to the cold and lack emotion sound of IE800.
If you compared both, I'm pretty sure you will feel Fibass is much much better than IE800.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #57 of 780
I preferred the sound signature of a Final Audio Fibass than IE800 honestly.
Fibass is way more refined the highs is not siblance compared to IE800. Also Fibass is way much raw and emotional compared to the cold and lack emotion sound of IE800.
If you compared both, I'm pretty sure you will feel Fibass is much much better than IE800.

I just read your post.

Last night, I decided to buy the IE800. I've had my eye on this IEM for a couple years now, and found a good price on Amazon. Since I can return them if I'm not happy, it seemed like a safe decision.

I'll certainly post impressions on how they compare to the FW01.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #59 of 780
The DAP in my photo is an A&K AK240 Stainless Steel. It retails for $3,000.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #60 of 780
For those that can help..

I'm considering the FW01, FW02 (not really sure what the difference is???) , SE800, and the Shure SE535 as an ongoing next step in gear.

I have FX850's and a set of IT03's.

I will be running balanced with a silver cable (SE800 not included of course since the cable can't be changed).

I love the bass of the FX850's, but the clarity of the IT03's is also intoxicating.

What is the best option running off a xdp300R?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back