JVC FXZ200 vs. JVC FX700
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 19
Well, my first impression is that it sounds like my FX700, which is a good thing. I basically bought this for better isolation. The isolation is average, but it's usable in busy streets now. The bass for FXZ200 is a bit deeper and slightly punchier than FX700. It's a small difference. You have to listen or compare really really carefully. The mids are not laid back. The treble is not really darker as others mentioned but it's not as extended. I just wouldn't use the word darker. But it has a longer decay. Unlike FX700, the treble for FXZ200 is kind of in your face. All spectrum is in your face. FX700's treble is kind of like a quick fling. Of course, FX700 has a bigger soundstage as most of you already know.
The timbre, crispness, etc is about the same. Unless you are an extreme basshead or unsatisfied with FX700's isolation, just enjoy your FX700 I guess.

I don't do reviews because I don't enjoy doing those and don't have the time/patience. So if anyone have any questions, please ask here.

Apr 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Well, my first impression is that it sounds like my FX700, which is a good thing. I basically bought this for better isolation. The isolation is average, but it's usable in busy streets now. The bass for FXZ200 is a bit deeper and slightly punchier than FX700. It's a small difference. You have to listen or compare really really carefully. The mids are not laid back. The treble is not really darker as others mentioned but it's not as extended. I just wouldn't use the word darker. But it has a longer decay. Unlike FX700, the treble for FXZ200 is kind of in your face. All spectrum is in your face. FX700's treble is kind of like a quick fling. Of course, FX700 has a bigger soundstage as most of you already know.
The timbre, crispness, etc is about the same. Unless you are an extreme basshead or unsatisfied with FX700's isolation, just enjoy your FX700 I guess.

I don't do reviews because I don't enjoy doing those and don't have the time/patience. So if anyone have any questions, please ask here.

I have FXZ200 and based on your observations they seem to have very similar sound signature. May I assume its not a good idea to own both?
Based on other comparisons, I thought FX700 treble was stronger, more vivid and clear. Could you please make more observations about it...Thanks 

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #19 of 19
I don't know what vivid sounds like. I'm not sure about clear either. The FX700 treble is still position behind the bass. So is FXZ200. But FXZ200's treble is being hit slightly harder. FX700 is softer but it is more extended.

Whether to own both, if you want more isolation and bass to extend a little deeper, then buy FXZ200. You can always sell FX700.

New observation
FXZ200 is slightly more analytical. FX700 is more fluid, especial on the electric guitar. If you own FX700, you should know what I mean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back