JVC FXT-90 alternative
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Nyanman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all :D. I have a pair of jvc fxt90's and i love the sound,punchy bass,clear and engaging mids and sparkly highs.Sadly,i've had to return them due to a problem with the jack.I'm looking for the same kind of sound in a portable headphone.I listen to happy hardcore/hardstyle/dubstep,all sorts of electronic music.Problem is,i'm quite rough with my headphones,not on purpose,I'm just clumsy.

The following is a list of attributes i'd like in a new set of headphones.Punchy bass,clear (kick drum) and engaging mids (female vocals),sparkling highs ( high hat,snare,clap) all in a relatively large sound stage. Sub bass is not important,but still preferable.Treble and mid quality are most important to me,but a strong punchy bass is also prefered.

I will be using the headphones on a daily basis with an ipod touch 4,an ipad and a laptop,apple controls are also prefered.and finally,please be under $250.

I'd appreciate any responses,Thank you :D 

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 10

bhima

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:
mh1c it's better than most if not all the $200 iems

MH1C is a fantastic IEM in its price range but it isn't better than most $100+ IEMs and is most likely not better than the FXT90. 

Nyan, you should check the thread for the FXZ100 or FXZ200... they are JVC's new line of IEMs and I think they will have what you are looking for (especially since you already like JVC's sound).

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 10

jv92red

New Head-Fier
Uh, you may want to check out the MH1C thread before you get these for workout use.  Some use them at the gym and are ok with them I wouldn't.  I own the MH1C and while the sound is amazing for ~$35 they are going for, the j-cord layout combined with the flat cord are not conducive to wearing over the ear.  I wear them down while doing yard work but microphonics are there and in full effect.  Overall I enjoy these none the less, they have filled my need for a quality sub $100 IEM.  I'm still looking for a more refined IEM but I know to improve on these I'll have to spend $150 +.

Feb 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #10 of 10

Lifted Andreas

Formerly known as geko95gek.

Users who are viewing this thread