Justin: Please make a Glite with a pico dac built in
Feb 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #31 of 49
Actually, there would be not much of a benefit from analog to digital for gaming with headphones because the 5.1 sound I'm assuming you're looking for would be converted into simple stereo anyway. I tried connecting my 360 to a beresford via optical and had to change the output of the xbox from 5.1 to pcm to make it work. If you're really interested in having the absolute "best" gaming output from headphones I'd suggest something like the JVC su-dh1 or a40 mixamp when it's released. Dolby Headphone processing is ideal for gaming.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #33 of 49
Chu:

1. I was referencing my own experience in an attempt to help, not trying to steer the discussion towards console or pc gaming.

2. I apologize for assuming you were looking for 5.1 sound as 90% of pc gamers seem to be interested in surround sound and 3D positioning above all else.

3. No need to be snippy

icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #35 of 49
*Grabs a Dorito and crunches while writing this....*

Is this the Pre-Order thread for the GLite Pico Dac Desktop?
I want one in Black with the outboard power supply upgrade.
smily_headphones1.gif

(Imagine this was real? *Sigh* )

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #38 of 49
Wishful features of the new Gilmore Lite + PICO DAC:

1. USB, TOSLINK, coxial
2. gain control
3. all the existing G Lite features.

given the DAC portion only add about $200 to PICO, it can be very appropritely price around $375 (without PSU), the combo will be in a sweet price range of under 1k.

I will buy two: one at home and one at office.
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
given the DAC portion only add about $200 to PICO, it can be very appropritely price around $375 (without PSU), the combo will be in a sweet price range of under 1k.

That's the current GLite price. In fact it's $379 + shipping already.

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #40 of 49
bad math on my part.

what I meant was, over simplified calculation, the combo = PICO's DAC $200 + G Lite $375 =~ $575 total. Plus some other new features, e.g. Toslink and so forth, should still be under $1000.

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #41 of 49
If he adds optical and coaxial, I don't believe the add on would be priced the same as the optional DAC on the pico. I would guess a more realistic figure to be $300 (with respect to the G lite).

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ranch flavor here, You?

Well whatever flavor youre eating is what im eating. Your display of Doritos was right above my post and i grabbed one out of your bag...lol.

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #44 of 49
Pico and Doritos.......They just go together!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like the makings of a TV commercial?
wink.gif

I gotta hear the Pico again. I want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back