Justin: Please make a Glite with a pico dac built in
Feb 6, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh you were talking about optical inputs. Then yes, you are correct. Sorry.

No problem...it's good to know it has an analog input. I wasn't aware of that.

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Feh, forget the Gilmore Lite form factor, Justin should just take the GS-1 and build in all our wish-list features, and sell that for $1K! I'd still buy it.

if this happens, put my name on the list
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 49
Count me in too!

I ordered a PICO because I like the DAC and Justin's work in general. But I DON'T use portal gears at all, zero, none, nadda. A desktop version will be PERFECT for me.

Hope to have a gain control though.

Feb 7, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin emailed me saying he did have plans in the future for other amps with DACs, both portable and desktop. Thats all he said so considering how busy he is it may be awhile, but I'm in for a desktop amp/dac, whenever that will be
tongue.gif

Yes, count me in! I am definitely interested in a Grado centric, solid state, amp/dac desktop combo. Just a USB input would be fine with me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #21 of 49
The hub of many headfi members is increasingly thru the digital medium and I think and hope that the growth in the HP amp industry would recognize this. Our computer/music systems are begging for direct connection to some of the better HP amps out there and the response to the Predator/Pico is definitely showing the way. I want one too!

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #22 of 49
I'd also be in for one. Since my source box is also a gaming box a USB DAC just isn't optimal since you cannot use your sound card's engine with one. I might be part of an incredibly small market (computer as source, but unsuitable for USB) but it's growing.

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd also be in for one. Since my source box is also a gaming box a USB DAC just isn't optimal since you cannot use your sound card's engine with one. I might be part of an incredibly small market (computer as source, but unsuitable for USB) but it's growing.

Huh?

Take a Pico or Predator and send the headphone out on your sound card to the analog input on the amp and you can have high fidelity gaming. Analog for gaming and usb for music.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh?

Take a Pico or Predator and send the headphone out on your sound card to the analog input on the amp and you can have high fidelity gaming. Analog for gaming and usb for music.

Why should I have to compromise my gaming SQ if I don't want to?

The difference my X-Mod made pretty much convinced me the analogue output on most sound cards is horrible, I really don't want to have to mod every sound card I buy from now on just to get it up the par with what I have now.

Feb 8, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #26 of 49
I would also buy a desktop amp with the pico DAC. Or even just a dedicated DAC with no amp or battery.

I'm new to this stuff, and I'm a bit confused about all the requests for SPDIF inputs and such. I thought what made the Pico's DAC so great and unique was that it used an I2S signal path without converting it to SPDIF and introducing jitter and other problems. At some point I remember Justin mentioning he wasn't aware of any other product that used such a design.

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because Dac's are not meant for gaming. Using your on board sound or an add in sound card increases gaming speed, frame rate is more important than sound quality for gaming. Amping your analog gaming output and listening to 701s or 650s isn't good enough for you? Buy a Dac with spdif if its that important.

HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

Or, you know, while we are telling everyone what they should and should not want, everyone else in this thread could just buy a separate DAC for their GLite instead of making a case for a combined unit
rolleyes.gif
This is a "requests" thread you know. A non-usb input would get the best of both worlds for gaming. The FPS increase from the engine and offloading the analogue end to something not filled with subpar components.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #29 of 49
I agree!
More HeadAmp amplifiers with built in DAC would be great. I am sure we will see more of them as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back