Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...
Jun 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #151 of 164
Uni student studying Communications and minoring in IT working for the gov in IT for the summer. Want to write my LSATs and see if i can make it to law school if not im going down the IT stream.

Cheers

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #154 of 164

Quote:
I read through this thread and was impressed with how many members are either working in a technical area or are students in technical areas. You may be interested in what an old man like me has to say about technical jobs. When I was young I wanted to do something important in my life so I earned this thing called a Ph.D. in physics from a name brand school. Then I went to work as a development engineer at a place called IBM. After way too many years at IBM I recently retired.
biggrin.gif
  All I can say about technical jobs is "Moms don't let your babies grow up to work for IBM" (with my apologizes to good old WN).
rolleyes.gif

Is it true they buried Tom Watson nine-edge face-down? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #155 of 164
really? so where's my bio-engineered soldiers op? the order went out over a month ago.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #156 of 164

Quote:
really? so where's my bio-engineered soldiers op? the order went out over a month ago.

I'm still here, hahahahaha. I still find it amazing how many people here are students in this community. I was expecting most of the people here to be out of college.

Right now I am taking an intensive 1st year Mandarin Chinese course at my university. It's a lot of fun but at the same time it's a lot of work as well.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #157 of 164
I'm a high school student, I work at summer camp, my 14th year at camp coming up :)

My dad is the head of Mergers and Aquasitions at MoFo, Morrison and Forester, a law firm.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #158 of 164
I'm a final year medical student... looking forwards to qualifying in June!

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #159 of 164
Quote:
I'm a final year medical student... looking forwards to qualifying in June!

Nice! Best of luck to you. :)

Quote:
I'm a high school student, I work at summer camp, my 14th year at camp coming up
smily_headphones1.gif

My dad is the head of Mergers and Aquasitions at MoFo, Morrison and Forester, a law firm.

I'm surprised there is actually a good chunk of high school students here on Head-Fi. When I first joined Head-Fi, I thought most of the community would be old folks to be honest. XD

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #160 of 164
Nice! Best of luck to you. :)

I'm surprised there is actually a good chunk of high school students here on Head-Fi. When I first joined Head-Fi, I thought most of the community would be old folks to be honest. XD

There is more?! I see a new thread in the future... Haha High School Headfiers. I thought I was alone!

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #163 of 164
First Year Uni student (Chemistry)
I relax by listening to music, joining head-fi was a means of finding ways to relax further, and maybe meet like minded people
I find talking to people on forums interesting, like talking to strangers, but ones that you know you'll get along with, its's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back