Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...
Mar 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #123 of 164
I work with talking animals.

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #125 of 164

Quote:
I am a college professor who teaches ancient and medieval philosophy (and literature). I also translate stuff for monies in my rare moments of free time.

I actually think that sounds very interesting.  

I started as a history major but ended up with political science, emphasis on political theory(which is alot like philosophy).  Was going to go to law school but luckily or unluckily surfed and did waiting tables at high end place in Malibu after graduating.  

Ended getting a teaching credential for elementary school but am using it for the last ten years+ as a behaviorist working with special needs kids, mainly autistic both in and out of school.  Probably should have gone back or should go back and do a masters in clinical psychology but too busy now. Some times i even get to give them surfing lessons privately, which is beyond wonderful.  Seeing their faces light up from being dull is amazing.  

With funding the way it is going though, I may sell my gear and buy a cardboard box soon.
frown.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #126 of 164
Quote:
I talk with working animals.

This thread is going downhill in terms of actually trying "to get a feel as to who's in this community."  Seems like it might consist of some young people with too much time on their hands and too eager to increase their Head-Fi post count, without actually saying much related to the thread topic itself. 

Kind of like one former Wikipedia sceenname of mine that I haven't mentioned yet.

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #127 of 164
This thread is going downhill in terms of actually trying "to get a feel as to who's in this community."  Seems like it might consist of some young people with too much time on their hands and too eager to increase their Head-Fi post count, without actually saying much related to the thread topic itself. 

Kind of like one former Wikipedia sceenname of mine that I haven't mentioned yet.

Yep, I think you figured it out. :popcorn:

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #128 of 164

Quote:

Stings like a knife...

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #130 of 164

Quote:

Don't look at me.
Full time student pursing a PE degree, and a minor in math if I'm feeling up to it.
I used these forums heavily for finding my headphones and an amps, not to mention picking up a few things for sale. The wealth of helpful, knowledgable people have made these the most helpful, and best overall, forums I've dealt with.

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #131 of 164
Environmental engineering...basically, I try to shake, bake, freeze, and smash all sorts of stuff, from tiny discrete circuit boards all the way up to semi-portable medical equipment.  Also, some safety engineering - testing for the CE or TUV mark people see on electronics.

Previously, structural design for big fiberglass cooling towers; and before that, civil design, primarily in medium-scale residential development.

In school, I mostly studied psychology and literature, so I'm really a non-engineer (more a designer, really) in a big world of numbers.  Unfortunate byproduct of studying literature and reading a whole lot - engineering "grammar" drives me crazy.  Too many hobbies, so everything rolls in cycles, which makes it interesting coming back here and seeing some of the "Gotta-have" things of the past completely forgotten for the newest thing.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #132 of 164

Quote:

But I do work with talking animals.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #133 of 164

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #134 of 164

Sorry. I didn't mean to be "prickly" in my previous post, and I hope "BobSaysHi" was not genuinely "cut like a knife" by what I said. I was just concerned that the thread might be degenerating into excessively brief, chatty posts that might discourage other people new to the thread from posting what they do "in real life." Mea culpa.

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #135 of 164

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. I didn't mean to be "prickly" in my previous post, and I hope "BobSaysHi" was not genuinely "cut like a knife" by what I said. I was just concerned that the thread might be degenerating into excessively brief, chatty posts that might discourage other people new to the thread from posting what they do "in real life." Mea culpa.

No problems! That was my lame attempt to be witty. :)
I am actually an animator so I do work with talking animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back