Just spent 2hrs with K701 - what are you guys on?
Jun 20, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #76 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the K1000, don't like the K701 (even with classical - this is practically the only genre I listen to), really annoyed by K701 evangelists.

I'd rate the K701 above only the MS1, SA5000, and W5000 among the full size headphones I've owned.

They may sit on your head with a headband but the K1000s are speakers so why are the 701s compared to them? 501, 601, 701 ok but the 1000's are unique. The only similarities are they are made by AKG and have a K in front of the number.

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #78 of 197
Me a bachelor for a couple of months (wifey at mom's overseas) and I definetly spend a couple of hours a day on my K501s and another hour or so on my Mackie MR5s. Nirvana till it lasts (dont get me wrong I love my wife but my headphones....)

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #79 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually he is amping them. I have a Logitech Z-2300 desktop system and it drives headphones very well. I've had Sennheiser's, Beyer's, Grado's and AKG's plugged into it and it is most definitely an amplified hp jack. Anyone on a budget could do far worse in an amp imo.

I have the same system and I don't hear a damn difference when I plug my phones into them!
confused_face(1).gif

All I can tell is that the cans get louder, I mean WAY louder.

Is there a difference in sound that I am missing? I just recently got into this Hi-Fi stuff so sorry if this is "noobish".

Sorry for hijacking thread to!
redface.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #80 of 197
Bought my 701's off some guy about a month ago and had mixed feelings about how the phones sounded. The more i use it tho, the more i'm really starting to like how it sounds. I think i just needed some time to adjust to the AKG sound.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #81 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same system and I don't hear a damn difference when I plug my phones into them!
confused_face(1).gif

All I can tell is that the cans get louder, I mean WAY louder.

Is there a difference in sound that I am missing? I just recently got into this Hi-Fi stuff so sorry if this is "noobish".

Sorry for hijacking thread to!
redface.gif

An amps sole purpose is to make the music louder while keeping distortion to a minimum and not adding anything or taking anything away from the original signal.

When people say that a headphones sound will change for the better when properly amped, they are speaking about under-powered headphones. They don't mean that the sound signature of the heaphone will change. As I mentioned earlier, the Logitech desktop speaker systems with hp jacks on the wired remote are amplified , so if you say the sound is the same but much louder, then you are simply saying that the Logitech does a good job of amping your cans.
biggrin.gif

If you want an amp to change the sound, try tubes.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #84 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif

beyersmile.png

if you dont like 701's you get bashed. ain't this a free country?
L3000.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #85 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ I agree, but that's not the problem. You get the `same crew' posting the same `opinion' on every K70x thread, and spouting it off as if it's fact. I understand that each individual has their own taste. I'm not too crazy about the HD650s, but must I post that on any and every HD650 thread? Too much free time...
happy_face1.gif

OMG!
eek.gif
That happens in every thread. I got mad when somebody bashed my UM2's once. I am now growing thicker skin. chill out guys. they are good phones. Just not for everybody. And don't tell me you can't understand that!
And oldblueeyes! shame on you man! stop crashing parties you were not invited to!! you troll!
angry_face.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #87 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just stunned at the "Louder = Amped Properly statement". Im not in this one for the long haul. Been down this road a few too many times.

biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #88 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Germanclub: 'if I don't like it, it's crap'

Internet syndrome.

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #89 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually he is amping them. I have a Logitech Z-2300 desktop system and it drives headphones very well. I've had Sennheiser's, Beyer's, Grado's and AKG's plugged into it and it is most definitely an amplified hp jack. Anyone on a budget could do far worse in an amp imo.

must be the z-2300 has a much better headphone section than the z-5500, because the z-5500 sounds like ASS with both of my headphones. I really can't imagine doing much worse, as it sounds better to plug directly into my laptop's jack.
confused.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #90 of 197
I 'm glad that I stick with the AKG 702 for a month now, Very impressive to me even I still don't have an amp yet. The burn in really works for me for the AKG 702 ... I can hear the big different after 100 hrs and the uncomfortable head band bumps that gave me headache suddenly goes away after I leave it stretching on it's box when I'm not using it for a week.
All those are not the main points or trying to justify my purchase for that headphone......

I never like Jazz and not a fan of female singers all my life. The AKG K702 sings and plays with those kind of musics that I don't really appreciate before. Most important is it let me enjoy something new that is simply amazing.

BUT I avoid listening dance/80s disco and some rocks music with it .... I wonder why before? The AKG sound stage is amazing it Plays and Sings with real musical instruments and human Voices, very real Details
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

I enjoys the HD650 with rocks and dance musics... but not on the K702 ..... the Senn 650 is more musical on those music which I really like before, but the K702 makes me loves what I don't really enjoy before which is a huge surprise for me in just a month even without amp.

I can't imagine what the AKG 702 can do after 300 hrs of burn in with a $1500-$2000 amp. I'm still looking into getting the Denon AH7000 or Senn 650 to go with the AKG first before getting an amp.... if I can enjoy the headphones without amp first and amp them later for better surprises
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Those are my newbie experience with the AKG 702, WOW
dt880smile.png
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back