Just spent 2hrs with K701 - what are you guys on?
Jun 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #196 of 197
I can't stand mine! They are a terrible excuse of a headphone. In fact I hate them so much I sold my recently purchased K400 and may sell my Senn HD580's just because I love to torture myself!!!
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #197 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K701 is where the HD800s will end up. Over hyped in the beginning, then put down for being hot in the top end and analytical sounding. You heard it here first
smily_headphones1.gif

You have to realize that the majority of what is said at headfi isn't necessarily what is reality. The GS-1000 and K701 have been treated like disasters and neither are (although I've heard them both sound that way with the wrong set up). Professional reviews and members with credibility and a good system front to back have appreciated both of them. It's the noobs that tend to hype the new stuff HD800 and bash the old stuff K701, and for some reason Sennheisser always gets a pass.

The HD650 was defended over and over until the HD800 came out, then they admitted their was a veil and the "balanced solves everything on the HD650" arguments died down.

AKG and Grado and Beyer always get bashed. You just have to sift through 90% of "the phone I own is the bestest of the best and all others suck" to get to the 10% of the truth which is about the sound signature you prefer. Too much detail comes with a price like the Qualias and stats. Some are ok with that sound, some don't like it.

The K701 is a good headphone for it's price and provides a unique sound that will either be your preference or not. Modded they will definitely scale.

The HD800 being FOTM? I don't think so. Have you listened to them? I have, and they are actually pretty good, much better than DT880's, 701's and 650 (which I did not like). So stop being a fanboy and lets be impartial about our gear. I am not bashing 701's which are obviously good for many people but not for everybody. If you believe I am stoned because I don't like them, then you have a problem recognizing we are entitled
to our opinion. I recommend you read the thread about being a Nazi when it comes to headphones.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/you-brand-nazi-430676/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back