Just shipped my 555ES to SACDmods !!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #31 of 62
Hey Qwerty870. You know I'm going to write a review when I get mine back just to rub it in
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
. Just kidding.

Hey Earl,

I'm a little confused, I though you already had a modded 963A. Was the one you did the review on a loaner?

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty870
Meech,

I'd be very curious to hear your impressions of the mods as soon as you get your 555ES back.

I sent mine in today.

Without question. Matthew started my unit today. He said he should have it done by Friday. I'll post something next week sometime.
biggrin.gif

Congrats again on sending your unit. I have a feeling we're both in for a real treat.

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:07 AM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Congrats! Only one more week left of wait time
tongue.gif
I've been in your place, and waiting for your modded component for one week seems like a long long time.
biggrin.gif

You're not kidding! The worst part is that I have to use an old Sony dvd player for music right now. It's absolutely horrible but I have to listen to something right now. I have to order my Signal Cable power cord in a few days. I think I would kill myself if my player arrived and I had no power cord to plug it in with.

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:52 AM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Two 555es have shipped out and he is currently working on one. He also emailed me and told me to bring my 963 sa down. So ALL the 555es players are nearly completed.
wink.gif

Earl, how many players has matt modded for you? I bet your his best costumer
tongue.gif

Here's an interesting 963sa mod site for those living in Singapore. They install a linear powersupply
biggrin.gif

http://effectiveaudiomod.com/

Apr 28, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
which means I get mine faster.
tongue.gif

Then can you do me a favor and not bring him your 963 until my 555 is finished.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #43 of 62
Hey Earl,

Just got an email notification from UPS. HOT ROD IS ON IT'S WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have it by Friday. That was MUCH faster than I expected. I didn't think I was going to see it until next week. I just purchased a Signal Cable HC power cord for it. I spoke to Frank and he said I should get it by Thursday. It's gonna be a nice weekend
600smile.gif
biggrin.gif
icon10.gif
600smile.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #44 of 62
Guys,

I'm just wondering on how much better is the 555ES mods to the 222ES mods? I did an op-amp mods (opa627) on my C555ES and the sound quality is 95% of the 222ES mods. Given that I will be employed very soon, I should have enough money left for the C555ES mods, should I go for it? Thanks

Apr 28, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #45 of 62
Hi purk, one of the chief advantages of the LC Audio mods Matt installs to the 555ES is you get the ZapFilter which is an entirely new, all-discrete (no op-amps at all) output section that entirely by-passes the original analog section. I don't why they decided to call it a "filter" that sounds like it's some lame add-on device that filters out some information, but that's not the function it serves at all. IMO, and I think Earl agrees, it's likely that the ZapFilter is the major contributing factor in Matthew's mods that make them sound so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back